- 1 How long can you borrow a book from the library?
- 2 When can I return books to SPL?
- 3 Do Seattle library cards expire?
- 4 Is Seattle Public Library accepting book donations?
- 5 How many books can I borrow from Sunway library?
- 6 Where can I return Seattle public library books?
- 7 Where can I return my Seattle library books?
- 8 What is an example of a free online library?
- 9 Do you have to live in Seattle to get a Seattle Public Library card?
- 10 Can a Seattle resident get a King County library card?
- 11 Can I use my Seattle library card at King County library?
- 12 How do I donate books to local library?
- 13 Where can I donate textbooks in Seattle?
- 14 Where can I donate magazines in Seattle?
How long can you borrow a book from the library?
Circulating books are the most common — these books may leave the library and be checked out for up to three (3) weeks. They may also be renewed twice for three (3) weeks each, as long as no one else is waiting for the book. This means that, in total, a book could be checked out for up to nine (9) weeks.
When can I return books to SPL?
Open for book returns from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Restroom access daily (multi-stall single-gender restrooms on level 1) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Use Fourth Ave. plaza and book return.
Do Seattle library cards expire?
They are valid for three months, and cardholders can check out up to five items at a time. Non-resident cards cost $85 for Washington state residents who live outside the Seattle area. They are valid for one year, and cardholders can check out up to 50 items at a time.
Is Seattle Public Library accepting book donations?
The Seattle Public Library welcomes donations of books and other materials. The Library also accepts monetary contributions allocated for the purchase of Library materials.
How many books can I borrow from Sunway library?
How many AV materials can I borrow? Students can borrow 1 item for 4 hours whereas Academic Staff can borrow 5 items for 14 days and Administrative Staff can borrow 5 items for 7 days.
Where can I return Seattle public library books?
That process has now begun: The library is now accepting book returns at the Ballard, Broadview, Douglass-Truth, Green Lake, High Point, Lake City, Northeast, Rainier Beach and Southwest branches, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from noon to 6 p.m. or until the bookdrops are full.
Where can I return my Seattle library books?
Three More Library Locations to Begin Accepting Book Returns
- Central Library, 1000 4th Ave., Seattle, WA 98104 (starting on Saturday, July 25; note that only the Fourth Avenue book drop will be open)
- Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave.
- Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave.
- Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Ave.
What is an example of a free online library?
E-books are examples of a free online library.
Do you have to live in Seattle to get a Seattle Public Library card?
To be eligible, you must be 13 years or older, live in Seattle and have a mobile phone to verify your account. “We are working hard to find new ways to support Seattle residents during this unprecedented public health crisis,” said Circulation Services Manager Bo Kinney.
Can a Seattle resident get a King County library card?
Available to King County residents and property owners, and Seattle residents, but not Yarrow Point or Hunts Point. Residents of reciprocal library communities may also apply. You can also activate your card in person at a KCLS library during Curbside to Go hours.
Can I use my Seattle library card at King County library?
King County Library System (KCLS) If you live, work, go to school or own property in King County (even outside the city of Seattle) you qualify for a free Seattle Public Library card through our reciprocal agreement with the King County Library System.
How do I donate books to local library?
If you have books to donate, first contact your local public library. Many libraries, or the Friends of the Library group, have regular book sales and welcome appropriate materials for resale. Libraries typically have donation guidelines posted on their website, others you will need to contact by phone.
Where can I donate textbooks in Seattle?
Where to Donate Your Unwanted Book in Seattle
- Friends of Seattle Library. It is a public library which gladly accepts any of your books that you are through with.
- Treehouse for Community Services.
- Ronald Macdonald House of Charities.
- Seattle Habitat for Humanity.
Where can I donate magazines in Seattle?
Best to donate magazines in Seattle, WA
- All Results. Showing 1-34 of 34.
- Freecycle North King County. 7.9 mi.
- Seattle Public Library – Central Library. 1.3 mi.
- Half Price Books. 10.4 mi.
- Bellevue Library. 6.6 mi.
- Seattle Public Library – Northeast Branch. 4.2 mi.
- Goodwill Seattle. 2.2 mi.
- Kinokuniya Bookstore – Seattle. 2.0 mi.