- 1 Can books be checked out from the library?
- 2 Are Hawaii libraries open yet?
- 3 Can you return a library book to any branch Hawaii?
- 4 Can I borrow books from other libraries?
- 5 How long can you take a library book out for?
- 6 How many books can you check out at once?
- 7 Are libraries open on Maui?
- 8 How do I renew my Hawaii library card?
- 9 Which library has the most eBooks?
- 10 Do all libraries use OverDrive?
- 11 How do you borrow books on OverDrive?
Can books be checked out from the library?
Most modern libraries will have two options: either take your books right to the desk for the librarian to check out, or take them to the nearby self-checkout machine. To have the librarian check out your books: When it’s your turn, go up to the desk and place your books and your card on the desk.
Are Hawaii libraries open yet?
Even though our physical libraries are closed, you can always use your HSPLS virtual public library. You can read (text or listening), learn, and explore the world of information 24/7 at librarieshawaii.org. Our online collection includes: eBooks and eaudiobooks.
Can you return a library book to any branch Hawaii?
Most library materials do not have to be returned to the library from which they were borrowed. They may be returned to any public library.
Can I borrow books from other libraries?
You can borrow titles from any library as long as you have a library card for it. In certain cases, your library may have a partnership with another library or consortium that lets you borrow titles from the partner’s collection using your normal library card.
How long can you take a library book out for?
Circulating books are the most common — these books may leave the library and be checked out for up to three (3) weeks. They may also be renewed twice for three (3) weeks each, as long as no one else is waiting for the book.
How many books can you check out at once?
There is not a limit on how many materials /books you can check out at a time, except maybe how many you can carry.
Are libraries open on Maui?
The Kihei, Kahului, Lahaina and Makawao libraries are open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays. All Maui County libraries have at least one 7 p.m. closing day.
How do I renew my Hawaii library card?
Hawaii’s Public Libraries Provide Online Renewal Option
- Visit www.librarieshawaii.org and click on “My Account”
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Access your “Items Out” list.
- Select item to renew; click on box on left side; click on the “Renew” box.
Which library has the most eBooks?
10 Public Libraries in US and Canada Surpass 1 Million eBook
- Overdrive has the largest presence all over the world, but tends to focus on North America the most.
- New York Public Library (NY): (42%)
- Seattle Public Library (WA): (35%)
- Hennepin County Library (MN): (33%)
- Los Angeles Public Library (CA): (56%)
Do all libraries use OverDrive?
OverDrive is a free service offered by your library or school that lets you borrow digital content (like ebooks and audiobooks) anytime, anywhere. Every OverDrive collection is slightly different because each library or school picks the digital content they want for their users.
How do you borrow books on OverDrive?
How to borrow and enjoy titles in the OverDrive app
- Install the OverDrive app from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore and sign in.
- Add your library to the app and open its digital collection.
- Find an available title in your library’s collection and tap Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).