- 1 How do I use library in OverDrive?
- 2 How do I find my library on OverDrive?
- 3 How do I get ebooks from the library?
- 4 Is OverDrive or Libby better?
- 5 How long can you borrow a book on OverDrive?
- 6 How do I find my OverDrive app?
- 7 Do all libraries use OverDrive?
- 8 How do I check my OverDrive history?
- 9 Can I get ebooks from my local library?
- 10 Do you have to return ebooks to the library?
- 11 How do I make my library ebooks forever?
- 12 How do I make my OverDrive ebooks forever?
- 13 Can you borrow books from other libraries on OverDrive?
- 14 Does my library use Libby?
How do I use library in OverDrive?
How to borrow and enjoy titles in the OverDrive app
- Install the OverDrive app from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore and sign in.
- Add your library to the app and open its digital collection.
- Find an available title in your library’s collection and tap Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).
How do I find my library on OverDrive?
You can look for your library on overdrive.com using Find a library. You can view a map of nearby libraries, or search for a library by name or location. From there, you can get a link to your library’s OverDrive website.
How do I get ebooks from the library?
Step 1 of 3: Borrow an eBook from your public library
- Go to your public library’s website.
- Look for the “eBooks” section of the page.
- If required, select OverDrive as the service that you’d like to use to browse books.
- Find a book that you’re interested in and click Borrow.
Is OverDrive or Libby better?
Libby is a fast and attractive digital browsing experience. Libby is great if you just want to download a book to your Android or iOS phone or tablet. OverDrive is the “classic” app, and is compatible with more devices, including Kindle Fire and Windows mobile devices.
How long can you borrow a book on OverDrive?
You can borrow eBooks and Audiobooks from Overdrive or Libby for 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days. It’s your choice! You can also set a default lending period for all items in a given format.
How do I find my OverDrive app?
If you know what you’d like to search for, select Search, then enter your search terms. You can search by title, series, creator (such as author or narrator), and more. To run an advanced search, select Search, then Advanced. This lets you search by subject, audience, format, date added to site, awards, ISBN, and more.
Do all libraries use OverDrive?
OverDrive is a free service offered by your library or school that lets you borrow digital content (like ebooks and audiobooks) anytime, anywhere. Every OverDrive collection is slightly different because each library or school picks the digital content they want for their users.
How do I check my OverDrive history?
In the OverDrive app, select the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu. Click or tap History.
Can I get ebooks from my local library?
You can buy ebooks from Amazon, Apple, Google, and other digital retailers, but why buy when you can borrow them from your local library? If your library is signed up with Libby, OverDrive, or Hoopla, you can browse, borrow, and read books directly through the app.
Do you have to return ebooks to the library?
Last Updated: Jan 29, 2020 7987 NOTE: All eBooks (and eAudiobooks) expire on their own, so there’s no need to return them early. They will disappear from your library account and device once they have expired.
How do I make my library ebooks forever?
The trick is super simple. Before OverDrive reaches back through the ether to reclaim their content, throw your device into airplane mode. This works for any ereader, tablet, or smartphone.
How do I make my OverDrive ebooks forever?
If you’re at the end of your lending period and you’re not finished with your audiobook, the first thing you can try is the “Renew” option. This is simple; just like at a regular library, you can choose to renew your book and extend the lending period, as long as no one else has a hold on the title.
Can you borrow books from other libraries on OverDrive?
You can borrow titles from any library as long as you have a library card for it. In certain cases, your library may have a partnership with another library or consortium that lets you borrow titles from the partner’s collection using your normal library card.
Does my library use Libby?
Does my library work with Libby? Libby works with public libraries that use OverDrive. If you can’t find your library in Libby, it might be because it doesn’t use OverDrive to lend digital titles.