- 1 How do I get local library books on my Kindle Paperwhite?
- 2 Can I read library eBooks on my Kindle Paperwhite?
- 3 How do I download eBooks from public library to my Kindle?
- 4 How do I get library books on my old Kindle?
- 5 How do I find a borrowed book on Kindle?
- 6 How do I use Libby on my Kindle Paperwhite?
- 7 How do I put eBooks on my Kindle?
- 8 Can I get OverDrive on my Kindle Paperwhite?
- 9 How do I put library books on my Kindle?
- 10 How do I download free ebooks to my Kindle?
- 11 What happened to the Kindle Lending Library?
- 12 How do I manage my Kindle library?
- 13 How do I lend a Kindle book to a friend?
How do I get local library books on my Kindle Paperwhite?
To borrow e-books, go to your local public library’s website. If your library supports OverDrive digital e-book services, you can check out Kindle-compatible e-books. Note that you have to use your library card, just as you would when borrowing a print book.
Can I read library eBooks on my Kindle Paperwhite?
If your library uses Overdrive or Libby, yes, * most* of their ebooks can be read in any Kindle app including on the Paperwhite.
How do I download eBooks from public library to my Kindle?
Go to the website of your local public library and search for “Kindle books” or “eBooks.” At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account and select the device to which you want to send the book. Connect your device to Wi-Fi and download to the title from the Archived Items or Cloud.
How do I get library books on my old Kindle?
Borrowing Kindle Books from your library
- Open your library’s digital collection (you can find it using www.overdrive.com).
- Find a Kindle Book to borrow.
- Select Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).
- After you borrow the title, select Read now with Kindle.
How do I find a borrowed book on Kindle?
If you login to your Amazon account and go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page you can select to view books from Kindle Unlimited and Prime Reading from the drop-down list. Then you can narrow down the results to view only returned books. It lists audiobooks that you’ve borrowed as well, not just ebooks.
How do I use Libby on my Kindle Paperwhite?
To use Libby, you will first need to download the app from your app store. Click here to download it. Once it’s downloaded, tap on the app icon to open it. To sign in with your library card number, click Yes.
How do I put eBooks on my Kindle?
Mobi Format Attach the file to an email, send it to your Kindle’s email address (with any subject, and nothing in the body of the email), and it should appear on your Kindle shortly. You can also drag and drop the file onto your Kindle if you attach the device to your PC with a USB cable.
Can I get OverDrive on my Kindle Paperwhite?
While you can get online to see the OverDrive website from your Kindle Paperwhite, you won’t be able to find books compatible for your Kindle or Kindle Paperwhite as you will if you browse OverDrive from the internet on a computer.
How do I put library books on my Kindle?
Pro tip: If you load up your library books and then turn off Wi-Fi, the books will stay on your device even after the loan has ended, until you turn the Wi-Fi back on. Another option for borrowing e-books is via Prime Reading.
How do I download free ebooks to my Kindle?
Download free Kindle books from these 9 sites
- Project Gutenberg. Project Gutenberg is the longest-established ebook site in the world and the top place to download free classics.
- Kindle Store.
- Internet Archive.
- Open Library.
What happened to the Kindle Lending Library?
The free borrowing program has been replaced by the $10-per-month Prime Reading, because, of course, Amazon doesn’t want us to have anything for free. Amazon’s Lending Library for its Kindle devices will shut down on January 4, 2021, according to GoodEReader.
How do I manage my Kindle library?
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
How do I lend a Kindle book to a friend?
Lend Kindle Books
- Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices and locate the title you’d like to loan.
- Select the Actions button then select Loan this title on your eligible title.
- Enter the recipient’s personal email address and optional message then select Send.