- 1 Can I request my library get a book?
- 2 How do you suggest books to the library?
- 3 How do I borrow books from Boston Public Library?
- 4 Does the Boston Public Library accept book donations?
- 5 What if my library doesn’t have the book I want?
- 6 How do I request a book to be added to Libby?
- 7 How do you find books in the library?
- 8 How do you request a book on OverDrive?
- 9 Is OverDrive or Libby better?
- 10 How do I borrow eBooks from BPL?
- 11 Can you go in the Boston Public Library?
- 12 Is Boston Public Library free?
- 13 Who takes free books?
- 14 How do I donate clothes in Boston?
- 15 Where can I donate books in Cambridge MA?
Can I request my library get a book?
You can: Ask your local librarian if they take requests. Some libraries require physical proof of demand. Go to your library’s website (or library system) and look for a section called “Recommend a title” “Suggest a Title for Purchase” etc.
How do you suggest books to the library?
Click or tap Recommend to recommend a title. If prompted, sign into your library. If prompted, enter and confirm your email address. Then, select Recommend.
How do I borrow books from Boston Public Library?
Using the library website, phone line (617.536. 5400), or the BPL To Go smartphone app, patrons will be able to “order” (place a hold request for) items such as: Books. DVDs.
Does the Boston Public Library accept book donations?
Donations of books are typically accepted at the sales or can be dropped off at the Central Library’s Borrower Services Desk, but please read our FAQ on donations first. For more information, visit https://www.citywidefriendsbpl.org.
What if my library doesn’t have the book I want?
If it is a new book that you think the library should own, you can suggest it via our Suggest a Purchase page (with as much or as little information as you know). You can also request an InterLibrary Loan, where we borrow the book from another library.
How do I request a book to be added to Libby?
First, you can request them if you go to to our Overdrive site. Submitting suggestions through OverDrive (our eBook vendor) is the fastest and easiest way to suggest an eBook or eAudiobook for purchase. This will automatically put you on hold for the title if we are able to purchase it.
How do you find books in the library?
To locate a book, first search the library’s catalogue. Once you have identified a book, use the call number to find the book. If you cannot find your book, then ask a librarian to look for you, or request an interlibrary loan if the book is missing.
How do you request a book on OverDrive?
How to request a title again
- In your library’s digital collection, select. to go to your Loans page. If prompted, sign in.
- Select the Request again button under the title you’d like to request.
- If prompted, enter and confirm your email address in the pop-up window.
Is OverDrive or Libby better?
Libby is a fast and attractive digital browsing experience. Libby is great if you just want to download a book to your Android or iOS phone or tablet. OverDrive is the “classic” app, and is compatible with more devices, including Kindle Fire and Windows mobile devices.
How do I borrow eBooks from BPL?
You can access eBooks right in your browser by visiting brooklyn.overdrive.com for books hosted on OverDrive – no download necessary. All you need is a Brooklyn Public Library card and a PIN. How many titles can I check out?
Can you go in the Boston Public Library?
Visiting On Your Own All group tours must be led by an approved BPL-trained guide or staff member. For information and policies on groups, please contact tours @bpl.org or 617.859.
Is Boston Public Library free?
Boston Public Library provides educational and cultural enrichment free to all for the residents of Boston, Massachusetts and beyond, through its collections, services, programs, and spaces.
Who takes free books?
Where to Donate Books
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is one of the world’s largest providers of social aid.
- Local Libraries.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Other Local Charities.
- Local Theaters.
- Retirement Homes.
How do I donate clothes in Boston?
To find a bin near you, click here. The American Red Cross of Massachusetts appreciates the public’s donations of used clothing, shoes, and household linens as a way of generating funds. Donate your items at any of the Red Cross bins located throughout Massachusetts.
Where can I donate books in Cambridge MA?
Salvation Army – Cambridge (617) 354-9159 328 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02139 * They accept anything. * Donations accepted Mondays through Saturdays from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm.