- 1 How do I get library books off my Kindle?
- 2 How do I delete a returned library from my Kindle app?
- 3 Why can’t I delete books from my Kindle?
- 4 How do I keep my Kindle library separate?
- 5 Do I lose my Kindle books if I close my Amazon account?
- 6 How do I remove a book from my Kindle without deleting it from my library?
- 7 How do I clear my Kindle history?
- 8 How do I return a Kindle book that was ordered in error?
- 9 How do I manage my Kindle library?
- 10 How do I permanently delete books from my Kindle Fire?
- 11 Do purchased Kindle books expire?
- 12 Can you have 2 libraries on Kindle?
- 13 Can I have 2 Kindle accounts?
- 14 How do I separate two Kindles on the same account?
How do I get library books off my Kindle?
You can get to it by clicking the triangle next to Your Account & Lists on the left side of the Amazon page and selecting Your Content and Devices. Next, click the Your Content tab. In the list, find the book you want to remove for good and click the Actions button next to the title. In the pop-up menu, click Delete.
How do I delete a returned library from my Kindle app?
- Delete the library book from Amazon’s Manage my content and devices, available from your Amazon account page. Use the actions button and choose Delete from the menu that pops up.
- On your Kindle or Kindle app, delete the library book or Loan Ended letter associated with the expired book.
Why can’t I delete books from my Kindle?
Deleting the book from Amazon’s page doesn’t delete it from your Kindle. Instead, on the Kindle itself, go to the Home page where you get the list of books on your Kindle. You will get a picture of the book and a list of options. At the bottom, click on ‘Remove from device,’ and it will delete it.
How do I keep my Kindle library separate?
If you want separate e-book libraries that share some books but not all, use the “household” feature (Manage Your Household ). Each user has their own Amazon account and their own e-book library, but the household feature makes it simple to share books between Kindles in the household.
Do I lose my Kindle books if I close my Amazon account?
If you do delete your account, your ebooks—at least the ones downloaded into your Kindle’s memory— will still be there. And they will continue to be there and readable for as long as your Kindle remains operational. The Kindle account with Amazon is free (at the time of this writing).
How do I remove a book from my Kindle without deleting it from my library?
It’s easy to delete books from your Kindle when you no longer need them or need to make space on your device. To remove a book from your Kindle device or app, press down on the book cover you’d like to delete and select “Remove from Device” from the dropdown menu.
How do I clear my Kindle history?
How to clear your Amazon browsing history
- Go to amazon.com and log into your account, if needed.
- Click “Browsing History” in the top menu. Select “Browsing History” to see record of your searches on Amazon.
- Click the down arrow next to “Manage history.”
- Select the “Remove all items from view” button.
How do I return a Kindle book that was ordered in error?
Go to https://www.amazon.com/digitalorders and sign in with the same Amazon account information you used to purchase your content.
- From the Digital Orders tab, select the Return for Refund button next to the title you want to return.
- In the pop-up window, choose the reason for return, then select Return for Refund.
How do I manage my Kindle library?
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
How do I permanently delete books from my Kindle Fire?
How to Remove Books or Magazines from Your Kindle Fire HD
- On the Home screen, tap Books or Newsstand to display your library.
- Locate and press your finger on the item you want to remove. A menu appears.
- Tap Remove from Device.
Do purchased Kindle books expire?
Once you check the book out you are sent to an Amazon Kindle page, where a button appears that lets you borrow the book. The books expire automatically after 2 or 3 weeks, and cannot be renewed.
Can you have 2 libraries on Kindle?
How families can manage their ebooks with multiple Kindles and devices. Update – Amazon now provides an option called Family Library. It allows books to be shared between two adult accounts, and children can be added as child profiles as part of an adult’s account.
Can I have 2 Kindle accounts?
View of an Amazon’s Kindle reader. Amazon is now letting Kindle owners access multiple accounts on a single device. On Friday, Amazon rolled out a software update that includes “Family Library,” a feature that will allow two adults and up to four children to share content on one Kindle.
How do I separate two Kindles on the same account?
From the Manage Your Kindle page, click Manage Your Devices. Locate the Kindle you want to deregister and click it. Click Deregister. In the Deregister This Device pop-up, click the Deregister button.