- 1 Can you access library books on Kindle?
- 2 Why can’t I access my Kindle library?
- 3 How do I connect my Kindle to my library?
- 4 How do I put library books on my Kindle?
- 5 Why can’t I read my Kindle books on my iPad?
- 6 Why can’t I read my downloaded Kindle book?
- 7 How do I access my Kindle library on my iPhone?
- 8 How do I manage my Kindle library?
- 9 Why are my Kindle books not syncing?
- 10 Where have my Kindle books gone?
- 11 Which books are free on Kindle?
- 12 How do I lend a Kindle book to a friend?
- 13 Can I get OverDrive on my Kindle?
Can you access library books on Kindle?
You can get library books on a Kindle device through Amazon’s partnership with OverDrive, as long as you have a library membership with a participating institution. You can download library books on your Kindle through your library’s website or using the OverDrive website.
Why can’t I access my Kindle library?
Make sure that your Kindle is connected to the internet. Sync your Kindle from Settings. Turn off any filters on your home screen or change to another view. Make sure that your Kindle has the most recent software update.
How do I connect my Kindle to my library?
Borrowing Kindle Books from your library
- Open your library’s digital collection (you can find it using www.overdrive.com).
- Find a Kindle Book to borrow.
- Select Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).
- After you borrow the title, select Read now with Kindle.
How do I put library books on my Kindle?
Go to the website of your local public library and search for “Kindle books” or “eBooks.” At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account and select the device to which you want to send the book. Connect your device to Wi-Fi and download to the title from the Archived Items or Cloud.
Why can’t I read my Kindle books on my iPad?
You can buy Kindle books using your iPad, but you can’t do it using the Kindle app, which doesn’t allow in-app purchases. To buy a Kindle book, you need to open the Amazon website in a browser, such as the Safari app on your iPad or a browser on your computer.
Why can’t I read my downloaded Kindle book?
Usually it’s just glitch or a bad wireless connection, and the book will often download with a second attempt. If the book or app gets stuck downloading partway, select to delete it from your Kindle app or device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section.
How do I access my Kindle library on my iPhone?
Launch the Kindle app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap Library to see all of the e-books in your Amazon library. Tap the book you wish to download onto your device. When it’s finished downloading (it will have a checkmark next to it), tap the book to open it.
How do I manage my Kindle library?
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
Why are my Kindle books not syncing?
If you are trying to sync Kindle or Audiobook content, verify that Whispersync is enabled. From Manage Your Content and Devices, go to Settings, and then ensure that Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings) is turned ON. Sync your device.
Where have my Kindle books gone?
Every Kindle book you’ve ever purchased from Amazon is yours forever and resides in the cloud on the Amazon servers. Even if you can’t find the content on the Kindle you hold in your hand, you still have access to it – you just have to find it and download it again.
Which books are free on Kindle?
Download free Kindle books from these 9 sites
- Project Gutenberg. Project Gutenberg is the longest-established ebook site in the world and the top place to download free classics.
- Kindle Store.
- Internet Archive.
- Open Library.
How do I lend a Kindle book to a friend?
Lend Kindle Books
- Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices and locate the title you’d like to loan.
- Select the Actions button then select Loan this title on your eligible title.
- Enter the recipient’s personal email address and optional message then select Send.
Can I get OverDrive on my Kindle?
If you have a Kindle account and you’re in the US, you can read most OverDrive library ebooks on your Kindle. This will take you to Amazon.com and, after you log in, you’ll be presented with a page where you can choose to send the ebook to your Kindle ereader, Fire tablet, or Kindle app.