- 1 How do I order books from the Baltimore County library?
- 2 How do I pick up a book from BCPL?
- 3 How do you look up books in a library?
- 4 Are Baltimore County public libraries open?
- 5 Do Baltimore County Library cards expire?
- 6 How do I put my library book on hold online?
- 7 Can you visit the George Peabody Library?
- 8 Are Montgomery County MD libraries open?
- 9 How are books Catalogued in a library?
- 10 How do I find a library book online?
- 11 How do I find the citation of a book?
How do I order books from the Baltimore County library?
Log in to My Account. Search for the title in the catalog. Select the Place Request button. You will receive a confirmation.
How do I pick up a book from BCPL?
Last Updated: Oct 26, 2020 2522
- Enter a title, author, or subject in the search box.
- Find the book you want and pay close attention to the icon below the book cover.
- Enter your BCPL library card number (barcode) without any spaces and your library PIN/password.
- Select the branch where you want to pick up the item.
How do you look up books in a library?
To locate a book, first search the library’s catalogue. Once you have identified a book, use the call number to find the book. If you cannot find your book, then ask a librarian to look for you, or request an interlibrary loan if the book is missing.
Are Baltimore County public libraries open?
Eighteen Baltimore County Public Library locations are open to the public and the library’s popular curbside service remain in place indefinitely. Extended loan fees are permanently waived.
Do Baltimore County Library cards expire?
Renewing Your Library Card Inactive library cards expire after a few years. If your card expires, visit the Service Desk at any branch with a current photo ID to apply for a new one.
How do I put my library book on hold online?
Placing a Hold in the Online Catalog:
- Go to Your Account and login with your library card number and your PIN.
- Use the search field near the top of the page to find what you are looking for.
- Click the Place Hold button to the right of the item.
- A box will pop up on the screen.
- Click the Place Hold button.
Can you visit the George Peabody Library?
The George Peabody Library is a public library, so private events are scheduled outside of regular business hours unless special permission is granted. The library is available for rental Saturdays after 4:00pm, Fridays after 6:00pm, Tuesday–Thursday after 8:00pm, and anytime on Sundays & Mondays.
Are Montgomery County MD libraries open?
The libraries will reopen with no capacity limits, no social distancing requirements and no appointments. The list of locations reopening in Montgomery County, Maryland, is growing, and now includes public libraries. More information can be found on the Montgomery County library system’s website.
How are books Catalogued in a library?
Classification or Library Classification is the process of arranging, grouping, coding, and organizing books and other library materials on shelves or entries of a catalog, bibliography, and index according to their subject in a systematic, logical, and helpful order by way of assigning them call numbers using a
How do I find a library book online?
Go to the Online Library Catalog by clicking on the link provided. Alternatively, you can use the search box on the Find Books & EBooks page. Locate the search box and using the dropdown provided, choose whether you would like to search for books and eBooks by keyword, author, title, etc.
How do I find the citation of a book?
Most citation information will appear on the first page of the article; however, the location of that information will vary from journal to journal. You can find the placement of the journal name, page number, publication date, and volume and issue number located on the top or bottom of the article’s page.