- 1 Can I donate books to my local library?
- 2 How do I donate books to Alameda County Library?
- 3 Where can I donate books in Alameda County?
- 4 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 5 Where is the best place to donate used books?
- 6 Where can I donate books in San Leandro?
- 7 Who will take second hand books?
- 8 Are old books worth anything?
- 9 How do I get rid of unwanted books?
Can I donate books to my local library?
Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser. Local libraries give us so many books for free–let’s give some back to them!
How do I donate books to Alameda County Library?
Donated books are crucial to the success of programs supported by The Friends of the Alameda Free Library. Donations accepted on Mondays from 9 AM – 11:30 AM and from 12:30 – 2:00 PM at the Friends’ Book Sorting Room off of the cafe at the Main Library 1550 Oak Street Alameda.
Where can I donate books in Alameda County?
Here’s where to donate books
- Alameda Children’s Book Project Donations.
- Albany Children’s Book Project Donations.
- Berkeley Children’s Book Project Donations.
- Castro Valley Children’s Book Project Donations.
- Oakland Children’s Book Project Donations.
- Piedmont Children’s Book Project Donations.
- BookMark Bookstore.
What can you do with unwanted books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
Best Places to Donate Used Books
- Reputable Charities.
- Local Faith-Based Organizations.
- Your Neighborhood Thrift Store.
- Local Museums & Other Cultural Organizations.
- Prison Libraries & Literacy Programs.
- Armed Forces Charities.
- Domestic & International Public Literacy Programs.
Where can I donate books in San Leandro?
Donation Guidelines Thank you for thinking of the San Leandro Public Library for book donations. The Library welcomes donations of books, new magazines, DVDs and audio books that are in good, clean condition. All such donated items become the property of the San Leandro Public Library.
Who will take second hand books?
London Charity Shops That Take Book Donations
- London Children’s Book Project. The books donated to this foundation are cleaned and sorted by age and topic before being distributed to their partner organisations.
- Books for London. This one is pretty cool.
- Octavia Foundation.
- British Heart Foundation.
- Fara Charity Shops.
Are old books worth anything?
Condition is very important and will greatly influence value. A beaten-up old book that is falling apart will have little value. First editions are sought-after by book collectors and a first edition is usually more valuable than a later printing. A first edition signed by the author will have even greater value.
How do I get rid of unwanted books?
If there’s no way you can sell or give away your books, contact your local council or recycling centre and ask if they can do anything to help recycle your books. Don’t throw them in your recycling bin; they need a specialist recycler to look at them to judge whether they’re recyclable.