- 1 How do I send books to an inmate in Arizona?
- 2 How do you send books to prisons?
- 3 Can books be sent to prison?
- 4 How do I donate books to Phoenix library?
- 5 How do I contact an inmate in Arizona?
- 6 How do I write to an inmate in Arizona?
- 7 What kind of photos can you send to an inmate?
- 8 What book stores ship to prisons?
- 9 Can Amazon ship to prisons?
- 10 Can you read all day in prison?
- 11 Can you send lingerie pics to an inmate?
- 12 Can I donate books to my local Library?
- 13 Who takes free books?
- 14 Where can I donate my Tempe books?
How do I send books to an inmate in Arizona?
A. Books (religious or otherwise) must be sent in accordance with Inmate Mail, Department Order 914, which includes receipt directly from the publisher or an authorized distributor. Individuals and organizations that are not publishers or authorized distributors may not send books to inmates.
How do you send books to prisons?
Most of the correctional facilities in the United States require you to send books via the United States Postal Service (USPS) because prisoners can’t sign for book parcels. You can also send the reading material to the prisoner directly from a publisher like Barnes & Noble or the approved internet vendors like Amazon.
Can books be sent to prison?
Most correctional centres have libraries, or prisoners may have books in their unit. Newspapers may be available, or may be ordered through the buy up system. You won’t be able to send books, as these are too time-consuming to check, and you aren’t allowed to send in pornographic magazines.
How do I donate books to Phoenix library?
- Drop them off at any Phoenix Public Library location during regular library hours.
- Drop them off any hour of the day in the big, green donation bins at Century Library and Saguaro Library.
- Drop them off directly to our Book Donation Warehouse Monday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
How do I contact an inmate in Arizona?
As a family or friend of an inmate you can contact the Arizona Department of Corrections Constituent Services Office/Inmate Family and Friends Liaison – (866) 333-2039; 602-364-3945, or email them at: [email protected]
How do I write to an inmate in Arizona?
To write and send letters to your inmate, contact Arizona Department of Corrections (AZ DOC) for their mailing address and booking number. On the envelope, write the name and booking number with the facility’s address. Also, mention your details at the bottom of the envelope.
What kind of photos can you send to an inmate?
Photos should never contain nudity, sexually suggestive material. Hand gestures and tattoos are often not allowed because it may have gang implications. Only 5 photos can be sent in an envelope with a single stamp at a time, and often times a facility will only allow 3-5 photos.
What book stores ship to prisons?
Powell’s Books Inc. ships to many correctional facilities, both state and federal. In order for your friend or family member to receive what you are sending, it is of utmost importance that you are absolutely certain of the facility’s rules and regulations regarding incoming mail.
Can Amazon ship to prisons?
Amazon.com makes deliveries to prisons. However, we recommend that you contact the prison first to confirm that they accept deliveries and to ask about any special policies they have.
Can you read all day in prison?
While every prison is different, one of the few things they all have in common is access to books. Not only can you read in prison, but prisoners are encouraged to do so. According to most state statutes, inmates must also have access to a law library where they can research various legal issues like appeals.
Can you send lingerie pics to an inmate?
You are allowed to send personal pictures to an inmate who is incarcerated in a federal prison, but they can’t include any sexually explicit material or nudity. According to BOP official policy, nude or sexually suggestive photos present a special concern for an inmate’s personal safety, security, and good order.
Can I donate books to my local Library?
Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser. Local libraries give us so many books for free–let’s give some back to them!
Who takes free books?
Where to Donate Books
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is one of the world’s largest providers of social aid.
- Local Libraries.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Other Local Charities.
- Local Theaters.
- Retirement Homes.
Where can I donate my Tempe books?
How to Donate Items:
- Friends of the Tempe Public Library bookstore (Main Floor of the library)
- Tempe Public Library parking lot drop box (Rural Rd. entrance)
- Whole Foods drop box (Baseline Rd. & Rural Rd.)
- Sprouts Farmers Market drop box (Southern Ave. & McClintock Dr.)