- 1 How do I access my UC Berkeley library from home?
- 2 How do I return books to UC Berkeley library?
- 3 Are UC Berkeley libraries open to the public?
- 4 Can UC students use any UC library?
- 5 How do I get a UC Berkeley library card?
- 6 How many libraries are on the UC Berkeley campus?
- 7 Where can I study at UC Berkeley?
- 8 How do I renew my Berkeley library card?
- 9 Is UC Berkeley open to visitors?
- 10 How many libraries does UCLA have?
- 11 What is UC search?
How do I access my UC Berkeley library from home?
Connect from off campus
- When you click on a resource link found in UC Library Search or Databases A-Z, you will be prompted to authenticate.
- When you click on a resource link found via a search engine or a non-UCB Library webpage, you will need to use a browser bookmarklet to access the licensed resource.
How do I return books to UC Berkeley library?
Returns: Books can be returned via the book drops on the north and south sides of Doe Library and outside the south entrance to Moffitt Library.
Are UC Berkeley libraries open to the public?
The general public may be permitted into the Main (Gardner) Stacks for research purposes only. Enter the Main (Gardner) Stacks via Doe Library. Moffitt Library is reserved for the UC Berkeley campus community and is open only to those with a current UC Berkeley ID or gold UC Berkeley Library Card.
Can UC students use any UC library?
Yes! We offer reciprocal print and physical item borrowing privileges for all UC students, faculty, and staff. For more information on borrowing privileges see our Library Cards & Loans Periods Page.
How do I get a UC Berkeley library card?
- May purchase a one-year library card for a fee of $100.
- Email privileges staff at [email protected] with the information listed at the top of this page to set up or renew an account.
How many libraries are on the UC Berkeley campus?
The UC Berkeley Library is actually made up of 24 libraries.
Where can I study at UC Berkeley?
11 of the Best Places to Study at UC Berkeley
- Moffitt. There are so many great things about the newest addition to the UC Berkeley Campus.
- Main Stacks.
- Kresge Engineering Library.
- Residence Hall Lower Levels.
- Memorial Glade.
- East Asian Library.
- Café Strada.
- Faculty Glade.
How do I renew my Berkeley library card?
You can always update your phone number and email in My Account. Renew your card for free at any of our libraries with a current photo ID. Notify us immediately if your card is lost or stolen. You are responsible for all items checked out on your card.
Is UC Berkeley open to visitors?
Our campus is now open to visitors! Here is some guidance on our return to campus. We are excited to announce that we are now offering in-person campus walking tours.
How many libraries does UCLA have?
The UCLA Library System is spread over 12 libraries, 12 other archives, reading rooms, research centers and the Southern Regional Library Facility, which serves as a remote storage facility for southern UC campuses.
What is UC search?
UC Library Search connects the libraries on all 10 University of California campuses through a unified discovery and borrowing system. Borrow and renew materials from any library in the UC system without retyping your library card number.