- 1 Are the Philadelphia libraries open?
- 2 Does the Free Library of Philadelphia have an app?
- 3 How do I get a library card for free in Philadelphia?
- 4 Is the Free Library of Philadelphia accepting book donations?
- 5 Are hoopla audiobooks free?
- 6 How do I borrow an eBook from the public library?
- 7 Where can I read books online free?
- 8 Why do library cards expire?
- 9 Do Philadelphia library cards expire?
- 10 What’s the difference between Libby and OverDrive?
- 11 Can you use Libby without a library card?
- 12 Does anyone want old textbooks?
- 13 Where can I donate books in Philadelphia with Covid?
- 14 Is Purple Heart picking up?
Are the Philadelphia libraries open?
Only 28 of the 54 library branches are currently offering walk-in services, with limited hours. Others offer pickup or services by appointment, but may not fully reopen until the fall. Bars are packed again, the Wells Fargo Center is full of Sixers fans, and large-scale events are back on in Philadelphia.
Does the Free Library of Philadelphia have an app?
Enjoy millions of the latest Android apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more.
How do I get a library card for free in Philadelphia?
If you live, work, pay taxes, or go to school in Philadelphia, you can get a library card for free. To get started:
- Sign up for a library card online.
- Find your local library.
- Search the library catalog.
Is the Free Library of Philadelphia accepting book donations?
Rare books, manuscripts, correspondence, and works of art to the Free Library’s special collections. Please note that the acceptance of all gifts to the Free Library’s special collections is at the discretion of the appropriate curator.
Are hoopla audiobooks free?
Hoopla is a streaming service that lets you instantly borrow eBooks, audiobooks, comics, music, movies & TV – 24/7 and FREE with your library card.
How do I borrow an eBook from the public library?
Step 1 of 3: Borrow an eBook from your public library
- Go to your public library’s website.
- Look for the “eBooks” section of the page.
- If required, select OverDrive as the service that you’d like to use to browse books.
- Find a book that you’re interested in and click Borrow.
Where can I read books online free?
mobi file – if you own a Kindle or Amazon Fire tablet. epub file – if you own iPad, iPhone, Kobo, Nook, or Android device. Read full books online – here are 12 best sites
- Project Gutenberg. Project Gutenberg is a mother of all ebook sites.
- Internet Archive.
- Open Library.
- Google Books.
Why do library cards expire?
According to the “Circulation and Library Card” policy, “Library cards expire regularly to confirm address and other contact information.” We expire cards so that we may periodically check with patrons to assure we have updated information.
Do Philadelphia library cards expire?
Your paid-access card will remain valid and usable for the duration of the term for which you paid. At the end of that term, you will no longer be able to access the Free Library’s resources, and you will be unable to renew your card for a further term.
What’s the difference between Libby and OverDrive?
Libby is a newer app released by OverDrive. It has the same collection of titles as the OverDrive app – it’s just a different way to access the same digital library collection. OverDrive is the “classic” app, and is compatible with more devices, including Kindle Fire and Windows mobile devices.
Can you use Libby without a library card?
Yes, you’ll need a library card for each library you want to borrow from. You can add multiple libraries to Libby, and you can even add multiple cards for each library.
Does anyone want old textbooks?
A local option is to donate your books to organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and your community’s thrift store. Last, but certainly not least, it is easy to find a home for your textbooks by checking your local library branch’s website for their donation process.
Where can I donate books in Philadelphia with Covid?
Where Can I Donate Books in Philadelphia? The Spark Notes:
- Books Through Bars.
- Free Library of Philadelphia.
- Books 4 Cause.
- Go Green Drop.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Project Home.
- Philly Aid Thrift.
- Cradles to Crayons Philadelphia.
Is Purple Heart picking up?
Purple Heart Donations Make a difference today by donating gently used clothing and household items to Purple Heart through GreenDrop. When you donate to Purple Heart through GreenDrop, the process is fast and simple. You can come to one of our drop-off locations or schedule an at-home donation pick up.