- 1 How do I donate books to local library?
- 2 Where is the best place to donate books?
- 3 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 4 What to do with old books you can’t sell?
- 5 Who will take second hand books?
- 6 Are old books worth anything?
- 7 What goodwill does not take?
- 8 Should I throw away old books?
- 9 How do I get rid of old text books?
- 10 How do you dispose of hardcover books?
- 11 How do I get rid of books?
- 12 What can you do with old antique books?
- 13 How much do we buy books pay?
How do I donate books to local library?
If you have books to donate, first contact your local public library. Many libraries, or the Friends of the Library group, have regular book sales and welcome appropriate materials for resale. Libraries typically have donation guidelines posted on their website, others you will need to contact by phone.
Where is the best place to donate books?
Where to Donate Books
- Libraries. Perhaps the most obvious place to donate books is your local library.
- Daycare Centers and Schools.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Retirement Homes and Assisted Living Facilities.
- Books for Soldiers and Operation Paperback.
What can you do with unwanted books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
What to do with old books you can’t sell?
If there’s no way you can sell or give away your books, contact your local council or recycling centre and ask if they can do anything to help recycle your books. Don’t throw them in your recycling bin; they need a specialist recycler to look at them to judge whether they’re recyclable.
Who will take second hand books?
London Charity Shops That Take Book Donations
- London Children’s Book Project. The books donated to this foundation are cleaned and sorted by age and topic before being distributed to their partner organisations.
- Books for London. This one is pretty cool.
- Octavia Foundation.
- British Heart Foundation.
- Fara Charity Shops.
Are old books worth anything?
Condition is very important and will greatly influence value. A beaten-up old book that is falling apart will have little value. First editions are sought-after by book collectors and a first edition is usually more valuable than a later printing. A first edition signed by the author will have even greater value.
What goodwill does not take?
Goodwill DOES NOT accept these items
- Any item needing repair, except computers.
- Ammunition, weapons, including replicas.
- Automotive parts, including tires, batteries, motors.
- Baby gear, including furniture, car seats, strollers, high chairs, etc.
- Box springs and mattresses.
- Bowling balls.
Should I throw away old books?
Books with moldy pages cannot be recycled, but must be tossed in the trash before they can spread their mold to other books. If a book cannot be reused or given new life in some other way, it’s perfectly okay to recycle it.
How do I get rid of old text books?
12 Ways to Recycle Old Textbooks
- Sell your books: This is probably the first thing you’re going to think of.
- Donate your books: There will always be someone else who needs the book you once used.
- Ship your books:
- Recycle your books:
- Trade your books:
- Make a free book box:
- Decorate with books:
- Rent books:
How do you dispose of hardcover books?
Place in your blue cart. Drop off at a community recycling depot for free. Donate or drop-off used books to a charity or used book store:
- Little Free Library.
- Calgary Reads.
- Used book stores.
How do I get rid of books?
Here are some ideas of where to productively send your books once you’re done with them:
- Donate them: Operation Paperback —Nonprofit that sends gently used books to deployed military.
- Sell them: BookScouter — It’s originally geared toward textbooks, but I’ve had some other nonfiction books price well.
What can you do with old antique books?
Quick Guide: Selling (or disposing of) old books
- BookScouter.com. A bit of research online will help you evaluate the worth of your old books.
- eBay. eBay’s auction format offers the best possible means of selling old books quickly and easily.
- Local Used Book Stores.
- Thrift Stores.
How much do we buy books pay?
We Buy Books is the UK’s most trusted specialist book buyer; we’ve paid out over £20,000,000 for your used books to-date, and some of the most well-known brands in the UK endorse us.