- 1 How do I donate books to local library?
- 2 How do I donate books to NLB?
- 3 Which charities take old books?
- 4 Can I donate an ebook to my library?
- 5 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 6 Where is the best place to donate used books?
- 7 Does National Library accept book donation?
- 8 Where can I donate encyclopedias near me?
- 9 Does Salvation Army take books Singapore?
- 10 How do I get rid of unwanted books?
- 11 What do you do with old medical books?
- 12 How do you recycle hardcover books?
- 13 Can you send an ebook to someone else?
- 14 Do libraries like book donations?
- 15 Can you donate audible books to the library?
How do I donate books to local library?
If you have books to donate, first contact your local public library. Many libraries, or the Friends of the Library group, have regular book sales and welcome appropriate materials for resale. Libraries typically have donation guidelines posted on their website, others you will need to contact by phone.
How do I donate books to NLB?
National Library Board The National Library Board (NLB) has Book Exchange Corners at certain library branches. Here, you can drop off your old books for other people to bring home. Simply bring your books down and load up the designated shelves. Branches with Book Exchange Corners can be found across the island.
Which charities take old books?
London Charity Shops That Take Book Donations
- London Children’s Book Project. The books donated to this foundation are cleaned and sorted by age and topic before being distributed to their partner organisations.
- Books for London. This one is pretty cool.
- Octavia Foundation.
- British Heart Foundation.
- Fara Charity Shops.
Can I donate an ebook to my library?
Ebooks cannot be donated because their use is governed by contract rather than the copyright law. So libraries can lend the books that they purchase, and you can donate books to the library. With ebooks, the contract defines what you can or cannot do with a work.
What can you do with unwanted books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
Best Places to Donate Used Books
- Reputable Charities.
- Local Faith-Based Organizations.
- Your Neighborhood Thrift Store.
- Local Museums & Other Cultural Organizations.
- Prison Libraries & Literacy Programs.
- Armed Forces Charities.
- Domestic & International Public Literacy Programs.
Does National Library accept book donation?
We welcome donations of published and unpublished works that will enrich our collection, but unfortunately are not able to accept everything. Please read the information below to find out more about the materials we are looking for in particular.
Where can I donate encyclopedias near me?
Donate the encyclopedia set to Goodwill or The Salvation Army. They take donations of all kinds, including books and even encyclopedia sets.
Does Salvation Army take books Singapore?
The Salvation Army Donate Hardback or paperback books. Besides books, you may also donate preloved toys, clothing, furniture, household goods and electronic devices. Where/How Drop off your items at any of the Donation-In-Kind booths which are located all over the island.
How do I get rid of unwanted books?
If there’s no way you can sell or give away your books, contact your local council or recycling centre and ask if they can do anything to help recycle your books. Don’t throw them in your recycling bin; they need a specialist recycler to look at them to judge whether they’re recyclable.
What do you do with old medical books?
Medical Textbook Donations
- The Asia Foundation’s Books for Asia Program.
- Book Aid International.
- Books For Africa.
- Bridge to Asia.
- Global Medical Libraries.
- Sabre Foundation.
- University at Albany, State University of New York.
How do you recycle hardcover books?
While you can throw your hardcover books in the trash, we recommend that you donate your books. They can be dropped off at your local thrift or used book store for others to enjoy! You can also remove the cover and binding to recycle the inside pages of the hardcover book.
Can you send an ebook to someone else?
Head to Amazon and find the Kindle version of the book you want to gift. Then click the “Give as Gift” button. You can choose to e-mail the e-book gift to the recipient with a future delivery date, or print out a voucher (which you can then place in a greeting card).
Do libraries like book donations?
Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser. Local libraries give us so many books for free–let’s give some back to them!
Can you donate audible books to the library?
To share an Audible book with a friend, just open your Audible app and push the “My Library ” button at the bottom of the screen. Then find the Audible audiobook that you want to share and tap the three dots to the right of the title. One of the options that pops up will be “Send this Book.”