- 1 How do I manage my Kindle library?
- 2 How do I organize my Kindle books into collections?
- 3 How do I delete books from my Kindle Fire but keep in library?
- 4 How do I separate Kindle libraries?
- 5 How do you organize Kindle books on iPad?
- 6 Where are my Kindle books stored?
- 7 Does Kindle keep track of read books?
- 8 Can you hide books on Kindle app?
- 9 How many books a Kindle can hold?
- 10 How do I make my Kindle library books forever?
- 11 Do I lose my Kindle books if I close my Amazon account?
- 12 How do I remove expired library books from my Kindle app?
- 13 Can I have two Kindle libraries?
- 14 How do I separate two Kindles on the same account?
- 15 How do I keep my books off my child’s Kindle?
How do I manage my Kindle library?
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
How do I organize my Kindle books into collections?
Get your books into the collection. Press and hold the cover image of a book. A pop up screen will appear and the first option is “Add to Collection”. Check the box next to the collection where you want the book to appear and hit Done at the bottom of the screen.
How do I delete books from my Kindle Fire but keep in library?
You can go to the section of Amazon to manage your Kindle Fire, then follow these steps:
- Select the “Show” menu, then choose “Docs“.
- Select the “Actions” button next to the book you wish to remove.
- Choose “Delete” from library if you wish to remove permanently it from the site and your Kindle Fire.
How do I separate Kindle libraries?
If you want separate e-book libraries that share some books but not all, use the “household” feature (Manage Your Household ). Each user has their own Amazon account and their own e-book library, but the household feature makes it simple to share books between Kindles in the household.
How do you organize Kindle books on iPad?
To create a collection using the Kindle app on an iPhone or iPad, tap the three stacked bars in the upper left corner of the screen to open the menu. Tap Collections. A new screen will open that will show your collections, if you have any. Tap the + plus sign in the upper right corner to add a collection.
Where are my Kindle books stored?
After you download a Kindle Book from Amazon’s website to your computer, you can find the ebook’s Amazon file in your computer’s “Downloads” folder. You can transfer this file from your computer to a compatible Kindle ereader via USB.
Does Kindle keep track of read books?
If you have a Kindle Unlimited membership and read a lot of ebooks, it can be hard to keep track of which books that you’ve already read. It’s a handy way to keep track of the books you’ve already read. Another way to find a list of your returned ebooks is to visit the My Borrowed Items page at Amazon.
Can you hide books on Kindle app?
Hide books in the Kindle app Go to your library and if you slide right to left over a book that has been downloaded and then press the Archive button. Select the Device tab and only downloaded books are listed. Swipe and archive books to remove them from the Device screen. They remain on the Cloud tab though.
How many books a Kindle can hold?
A free space on an 8GB kindle is about 6GB and a typical book size (texts only) is about 1MB. This means you can store 6000 such books in an 8GB kindle. Some books may be larger than 1MB, but it still should be able to hold 2000 to 3000 books easily.
How do I make my Kindle library books forever?
If you bought a kindle Or the kindle app and paid for the E -books on amazon. They are yours forever. There is a kindle unlimited that you can Pay $9.99 per month to get books for free but they Take them back after 3 weeks. If you recently bought a new device you may need to go into the kindle app and sync it again.
Do I lose my Kindle books if I close my Amazon account?
If you do delete your account, your ebooks—at least the ones downloaded into your Kindle’s memory— will still be there. And they will continue to be there and readable for as long as your Kindle remains operational. The Kindle account with Amazon is free (at the time of this writing).
How do I remove expired library books from my Kindle app?
- Delete the library book from Amazon’s Manage my content and devices, available from your Amazon account page. Use the actions button and choose Delete from the menu that pops up.
- On your Kindle or Kindle app, delete the library book or Loan Ended letter associated with the expired book.
Can I have two Kindle libraries?
How families can manage their ebooks with multiple Kindles and devices. Update – Amazon now provides an option called Family Library. It allows books to be shared between two adult accounts, and children can be added as child profiles as part of an adult’s account. In all, we have two iPads and three Kindles.
How do I separate two Kindles on the same account?
From the Manage Your Kindle page, click Manage Your Devices. Locate the Kindle you want to deregister and click it. Click Deregister. In the Deregister This Device pop-up, click the Deregister button.
How do I keep my books off my child’s Kindle?
You can restrict your child’s access to all four by using parental controls. To access parental controls, tap Menu→Settings→Device Options→Parental Controls→Restrictions. The screen shown in Figure 1 appears. Tap the toggle switch for Web Browser, Kindle Store, Cloud, or Goodreads to restrict access.