- 1 Why can’t I permanently delete books from iBooks?
- 2 How do I delete books from iBooks Icloud?
- 3 How do I recover deleted books from iBooks?
- 4 How do I delete Books from my library?
- 5 How do I hide iBooks on my iPhone?
- 6 How do I permanently delete Books from my Kindle library?
- 7 What happens when you delete a book from iBooks?
- 8 Why does iBooks delete my books?
- 9 Can I use iBooks without iCloud?
- 10 How do I permanently delete books from iBooks on my iPad?
- 11 How do I delete books from my Kindle library on my iPhone?
Why can’t I permanently delete books from iBooks?
As of iOS 11 & OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), there is no way to permanently delete items from iBooks. The closest option is to hide them, where they can only be restored (unhidden) from iBooks on OS X.
How do I delete books from iBooks Icloud?
To delete the book go into iBooks then tap the edit icon select the book then tap delete. In my Purchased Books collection, I select the books, tap delete and they are still there.
How do I recover deleted books from iBooks?
Repeat steps 1 and 2 above, but this time, open iBooks for Mac. To retrieve the deleted book:
- Tap on the dropdown in the centre of the toolbar to access your bookshelves (by default, it will say All Books).
- Tap on your Recently Deleted bookshelf.
- Tap the + icon to restore a book.
How do I delete Books from my library?
Click Library at the top of the window, then click All Books in the sidebar. Click the item you want to delete or remove. If the item is part of a series, first open the series, then click it. Choose Edit > Delete from the menu bar, then confirm when prompted.
How do I hide iBooks on my iPhone?
How to hide books and audiobooks
- Open the Books app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Tap Library.
- Tap the More icon below the book or audiobook that you want to hide. If the item is part of a series, tap the series, choose an individual book, then tap More.
- Tap Remove.
- Tap Hide Book or Hide Audiobook.
How do I permanently delete Books from my Kindle library?
You can remove them from your Kindle device or reading app using these steps:
- On Amazon’s website, go to your “Manage Your Content and Devices” page.
- In the “Your Content” list, select the boxes next to the book(s) you’d like to remove.
- Select Delete.
- Select Yes, delete permanently to confirm.
What happens when you delete a book from iBooks?
After you delete a book, it won’t be stored on your device, but it’s still available in your library on other devices.
Why does iBooks delete my books?
There is a problem with iBooks: books are getting removed locally and uploaded to the cloud, if the space is running low on the device. But with iOS 11 some users experience unwanted file upload even when there is no space shortage. There is yet another hack to stop iCloud from deleting books: turning airplane mode.
Can I use iBooks without iCloud?
Yes, iBooks can function normally while not connected to the internet. As long as you have the book(s) present in the iBooks app before you get out of coverage you will be fine. Transfer the books from Mac to iPad/iPhone via iCloud. Use Files app to access the books from iPad/iPhone.
How do I permanently delete books from iBooks on my iPad?
Remove books from the iBooks App
- Step 1: Open iBooks on your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 2: Click My Books > Select, tap the checkbox next to the books you want to delete, then click Delete in the top left corner of the screen.
How do I delete books from my Kindle library on my iPhone?
When you find the book you want to delete, swipe to the left and tap the red Archive button. For more options, you can instead press your finger on the cover image for a second until a menu appears. Choose Remove From Device to delete the book from the iPad.