- 1 How many OverDrive books can I borrow?
- 2 How do I get a library card for free in Philadelphia?
- 3 Is the Free Library of Philadelphia accepting book donations?
- 4 How many audiobooks can you borrow on Libby?
- 5 How do I borrow from OverDrive?
- 6 How long can you borrow a book on OverDrive?
- 7 Are Philadelphia libraries open?
- 8 Why do library cards expire?
- 9 Does anyone want old textbooks?
- 10 Where can I donate books in Philadelphia with Covid?
- 11 Is Purple Heart picking up?
- 12 What is difference between Libby and OverDrive?
- 13 How long do you have to borrow a hold Libby?
- 14 Does Libby work without wifi?
How many OverDrive books can I borrow?
Many OverDrive titles are available under the One Copy/One User lending model. This means that if your digital library only has one copy of a title, then only one user can borrow that specific title at a time, just as if it were a physical book. The more copies you own, the more copies can be borrowed simultaneously.
How do I get a library card for free in Philadelphia?
If you live, work, pay taxes, or go to school in Philadelphia, you can get a library card for free. To get started:
- Sign up for a library card online.
- Find your local library.
- Search the library catalog.
Is the Free Library of Philadelphia accepting book donations?
Rare books, manuscripts, correspondence, and works of art to the Free Library’s special collections. Please note that the acceptance of all gifts to the Free Library’s special collections is at the discretion of the appropriate curator.
How many audiobooks can you borrow on Libby?
You can check out up to 25 titles at one time.
How do I borrow from OverDrive?
To borrow the title:
- Go to your Holds page on your library’s OverDrive website or in the OverDrive app. You’ll need to be signed into the site to get to this page.
- Select Borrow next to the title.
- From there, you can choose a lending period (if available) and a reading format for your title.
How long can you borrow a book on OverDrive?
You can borrow eBooks and Audiobooks from Overdrive or Libby for 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days. It’s your choice! You can also set a default lending period for all items in a given format.
Are Philadelphia libraries open?
Philly libraries are still months away from returning to normal. Only 28 of the 54 library branches are currently offering walk-in services, with limited hours. Others offer pickup or services by appointment, but may not fully reopen until the fall.
Why do library cards expire?
According to the “Circulation and Library Card” policy, “Library cards expire regularly to confirm address and other contact information.” We expire cards so that we may periodically check with patrons to assure we have updated information.
Does anyone want old textbooks?
A local option is to donate your books to organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and your community’s thrift store. Last, but certainly not least, it is easy to find a home for your textbooks by checking your local library branch’s website for their donation process.
Where can I donate books in Philadelphia with Covid?
Where Can I Donate Books in Philadelphia? The Spark Notes:
- Books Through Bars.
- Free Library of Philadelphia.
- Books 4 Cause.
- Go Green Drop.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Project Home.
- Philly Aid Thrift.
- Cradles to Crayons Philadelphia.
Is Purple Heart picking up?
Purple Heart Donations Make a difference today by donating gently used clothing and household items to Purple Heart through GreenDrop. When you donate to Purple Heart through GreenDrop, the process is fast and simple. You can come to one of our drop-off locations or schedule an at-home donation pick up.
What is difference between Libby and OverDrive?
Libby is a newer app released by OverDrive. It has the same collection of titles as the OverDrive app – it’s just a different way to access the same digital library collection. OverDrive is the “classic” app, and is compatible with more devices, including Kindle Fire and Windows mobile devices.
How long do you have to borrow a hold Libby?
When a hold becomes available for you, you’ll receive an email and a notification in your library’s OverDrive collection. You have three days to borrow the hold or have it delivered later if you’re not ready to read it.
Does Libby work without wifi?
In Libby, you can stream the book if you’re storage-conscious, and you can download the book if you’re data-conscious (or often offline).