- 1 How do I put my book on hold in destiny discover?
- 2 How do you UnHold a discovery book in destiny?
- 3 How do holds at the library work?
- 4 Can students place holds in destiny?
- 5 How do I put a book on hold?
- 6 How do you get a hold on a library book?
- 7 How do I cancel hold on overdrive?
- 8 How do students put books on hold in destiny?
- 9 What happens if you place a book on hold?
- 10 How long does it take to get a book on hold?
- 11 How many books can you put on hold?
- 12 Can students reserve books on destiny?
How do I put my book on hold in destiny discover?
Step 2: Once you are in Destiny Discover, use the search bar to search for the title you want to place on hold. Once the title you want appears, click on it. Step 3: As long as the library has active copies of the title, there should be a red “Hold” button you click on to place this book on hold.
How do you UnHold a discovery book in destiny?
From Title Preview or a title’s details, click UnHold.
How do holds at the library work?
Did you know you can request that a hold be put on the book for you? Or, if all copies of the book are checked out to other library patrons, you will join a queue and, when it’s your turn, you can pick it up at the library.
Can students place holds in destiny?
Placing Holds in Destiny Discover (Simplified View) [VIDEO] Placing Holds in Destiny Discover (Simplified View) [VIDEO] After watching this video, students will be able to place a hold on a title.
How do I put a book on hold?
How to put a book on hold
- Step 1: Log into Destiny.
- Step 2: Search for the book you’re interested in.
- Step 3: Click “Hold It”
- When the title is turned back into the library, the system will notify the librarian to hold it for you.
How do you get a hold on a library book?
Placing a Hold in the Online Catalog:
- Go to Your Account and login with your library card number and your PIN.
- Use the search field near the top of the page to find what you are looking for.
- Click the Place Hold button to the right of the item.
- A box will pop up on the screen.
- Click the Place Hold button.
How do I cancel hold on overdrive?
How to remove a hold
- In your library’s digital collection, click or tap., then select Holds. You’ll need to be signed into your library to get to this page.
- Select Remove under the title you no longer want.
How do students put books on hold in destiny?
Students perform a search in Destiny Discover. From the search results, the students identify a book they want to place on hold and click on the Hold button.
What happens if you place a book on hold?
If a book is on hold, it means that it has been requested by a patron. Once the book is returned to the Library, the book’s status in the catalogue will be updated to “ON HOLDSHELF” and the item may be picked up from the Circulation Desk by the person who placed the request.
How long does it take to get a book on hold?
Holds for items that have available copies (on the shelf in a branch) are filled within 3-4 days. The average time to fill a hold is 22 days, however, popular materials may take longer.
How many books can you put on hold?
There doesn’t appear to be a limit on the number of items you can place on hold. But you may want to keep in mind that each library card can only check out up to 50 items at any given time– only 10 of which can be DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, or CD-Roms.
Can students reserve books on destiny?
If you would like to put a book on hold, you may use Destiny to hold a book. http://destiny.southlakecarroll.edu (Links to an external site.) For DVA Students, library book pickups will be on Thursdays each week from 3:45-4:30 pm. For in person learners, books will be delivered to your English classrooms.