- 1 Are ex-library books good?
- 2 Can you sell ex-library books on Amazon?
- 3 Are ex-library books collectible?
- 4 Do old library books have value?
- 5 Why do libraries discard books?
- 6 Can you sell withdrawn library books?
- 7 What does it mean when a library book is withdrawn?
- 8 Does Amazon sell books to libraries?
- 9 What can you do with old library books?
- 10 What does ex library mean on thrift books?
- 11 What is acceptable condition on ThriftBooks?
- 12 What are the most valuable books?
- 13 Are Golden books worth anything?
Are ex-library books good?
In almost all bookselling guides ex-libs are considered “fillers” for a collection until a better copy comes along and should never be given a condition better than Good. Most dealers, if they sell ex-libs like I do, list them on Amazon as either Good or Acceptable depending on wear.
Can you sell ex-library books on Amazon?
Amazon’s guidelines do not address grading ex -library books (apart from saying they cannot be listed as collectible.)
Are ex-library books collectible?
Ex-library books are rarely collectible. Since condition is vital for collectors, you are going to come across books with torn or lost dust jackets, cloudy and smeared protective sleeves (mylar covers are easy to replace though), and general shelf wear.
Do old library books have value?
Are ex-library copies less valuable? The fact that a book is an ex-library copy does not automatically decrease its value. What decreases a book’s value is its condition, which often suffers in a library setting. Spines may get bumped.
Why do libraries discard books?
For most public libraries, space is at a premium, and discarding some of what’s already on the shelves is necessary to keep adding items that are more in demand. For many public libraries this is an ongoing activity.
Can you sell withdrawn library books?
If you were given withdrawn books they belong to you. You have the right to keep, give away, or sell your own property.
What does it mean when a library book is withdrawn?
When you see “Withdrawn” in the Status column of a library record, it means that the book has been taken off the shelf and is no longer available for checkout from our library.
Does Amazon sell books to libraries?
Amazon does generally sell libraries physical books and audiobook CDs — though even print versions of Kaling’s latest aren’t available to libraries because Amazon made it an online exclusive.
What can you do with old library books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books ” box.
What does ex library mean on thrift books?
So, the next time you are on ThriftBooks.com and searching for your next great book to read, consider choosing that copy labeled “Ex-Library” and know that every stamp or plastic cover on a book you receive means that you are helping support and fund a local library.
What is acceptable condition on ThriftBooks?
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes–in pen or highlighter–but the notes cannot obscure the text.
What are the most valuable books?
Most Expensive Books in the World
- Birds of America.
- The Rothschild Prayerbook.
- Bay Psalm Book.
- The Magna Carta.
- The Gospels of Henry the Lion. Original price: $11.7 million.
- The Book of Mormon (Printer’s Manuscript) Original price: $35 million.
- The Codex of Leicester. Original price: $30.8 million.
Are Golden books worth anything?
Little Golden Books’ value ranges from $1 to $25 Mint- condition first editions of the series that was originally published in 1942 bring the highest prices. Some titles were published for many years. The most valuable is a first edition.