- 1 Where do I return New York Public Library books?
- 2 Where can I return library books in Vancouver?
- 3 Where can I return my Seattle library books?
- 4 How long can you take a library book out for?
- 5 Can I return books to any Brooklyn Public Library?
- 6 Can I return my library books anywhere?
- 7 Can you return a book to any library branch?
- 8 How many libraries are in Vancouver?
- 9 When can I return books to SPL?
- 10 Is Seattle Public Library accepting book donations?
- 11 Who designed the Seattle Public Library?
- 12 Is the New York Public Library free?
- 13 Why do library cards expire?
Where do I return New York Public Library books?
The Library offers universal returns – most circulating material (such as books and DVDs) can be returned to any open New York Public Library location in the Bronx, Manhattan or Staten Island, except the Schomburg Center and The Stephen A. Schwarzman Building.
Where can I return library books in Vancouver?
Yes, you can return your books to any of our 21 branches across Vancouver. See vpl.ca/hours-locations for a branch near you. You can also return VPL books to any Public Library InterLINK member library. Learn more at interlinklibraries.ca.
Where can I return my Seattle library books?
Three More Library Locations to Begin Accepting Book Returns
- Central Library, 1000 4th Ave., Seattle, WA 98104 (starting on Saturday, July 25; note that only the Fourth Avenue book drop will be open)
- Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave.
- Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave.
- Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Ave.
How long can you take a library book out for?
Circulating books are the most common — these books may leave the library and be checked out for up to three (3) weeks. They may also be renewed twice for three (3) weeks each, as long as no one else is waiting for the book.
Can I return books to any Brooklyn Public Library?
Returning Materials Return material to any open Brooklyn Public Library location. After-hours book drops are open at select locations. All material is due back by the date indicated at time of checkout or renewal. Fines may begin to accrue if items are not returned by the due date.
Can I return my library books anywhere?
Library members can return books borrowed from the LLiBrary at any of the 27 Public Libraries, and vice versa.
Can you return a book to any library branch?
Depends on the policies of the library from where you borrowed the book. In many larger library systems (with multiple branches scattered throughout a city or county), you may return a book from one branch of that system to another branch of that system.
How many libraries are in Vancouver?
There are a total of 22 Vancouver Public Libraries which are spread across the city.
When can I return books to SPL?
Open for book returns from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Restroom access daily (multi-stall single-gender restrooms on level 1) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Use Fourth Ave. plaza and book return.
Is Seattle Public Library accepting book donations?
The Seattle Public Library welcomes donations of books and other materials. The Library also accepts monetary contributions allocated for the purchase of Library materials.
Who designed the Seattle Public Library?
The Library of Congress is the largest library in the world with more than 170 million items.
Is the New York Public Library free?
Altogether, the Library offers hundreds of thousands of free programs annually, serving everyone from toddlers to teens to seniors. On nypl.org visitors can browse the Library’s immense collections, download e-books, and view more than 900,000 items from our award-winning Digital Collections.
Why do library cards expire?
According to the “Circulation and Library Card” policy, “Library cards expire regularly to confirm address and other contact information.” We expire cards so that we may periodically check with patrons to assure we have updated information.