- 1 Why can’t I delete books from my Kindle?
- 2 How do I delete books from my Kindle without deleting them?
- 3 How do I take books off my Kindle from the library?
- 4 How do I manage my Kindle library?
- 5 What happens if you delete a book from your Kindle library?
- 6 How do I clear my Kindle history?
- 7 Do I lose my Kindle books if I close my Amazon account?
- 8 How do I permanently delete books from my Kindle Fire?
- 9 What does it mean to archive a book on Kindle?
- 10 Do purchased Kindle books expire?
- 11 Where have my Kindle books gone?
- 12 Can I put library books on my Kindle?
- 13 What is my Kindle library?
- 14 How do I find books in my Kindle library?
Why can’t I delete books from my Kindle?
Deleting the book from Amazon’s page doesn’t delete it from your Kindle. Instead, on the Kindle itself, go to the Home page where you get the list of books on your Kindle. You will get a picture of the book and a list of options. At the bottom, click on ‘Remove from device,’ and it will delete it.
How do I delete books from my Kindle without deleting them?
It’s easy to delete books from your Kindle when you no longer need them or need to make space on your device. To remove a book from your Kindle device or app, press down on the book cover you’d like to delete and select “Remove from Device” from the dropdown menu.
How do I take books off my Kindle from the library?
How to borrow and deliver Kindle Books
- Open your library’s digital collection (you can find it using www.overdrive.com).
- Find a Kindle Book to borrow.
- Select Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).
- After you borrow the title, select Read now with Kindle.
How do I manage my Kindle library?
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
What happens if you delete a book from your Kindle library?
You should see a warning box asking you to confirm your decision, as deleting the book here permanently erases it from your cloud library and you will have to buy it again if you want to read it again.
How do I clear my Kindle history?
How to clear your Amazon browsing history
- Go to amazon.com and log into your account, if needed.
- Click “Browsing History” in the top menu. Select “Browsing History” to see record of your searches on Amazon.
- Click the down arrow next to “Manage history.”
- Select the “Remove all items from view” button.
Do I lose my Kindle books if I close my Amazon account?
If you do delete your account, your ebooks—at least the ones downloaded into your Kindle’s memory— will still be there. And they will continue to be there and readable for as long as your Kindle remains operational. The Kindle account with Amazon is free (at the time of this writing).
How do I permanently delete books from my Kindle Fire?
How to Remove Books or Magazines from Your Kindle Fire HD
- On the Home screen, tap Books or Newsstand to display your library.
- Locate and press your finger on the item you want to remove. A menu appears.
- Tap Remove from Device.
What does it mean to archive a book on Kindle?
How to archive a book temporarily. This option allows you to remove a book from your Kindle or the Kindle app. Technically, you have still bought and own the rights to read this book, meaning it will remain affixed to your Amazon account, and you will be able to re-download it later, if desired.
Do purchased Kindle books expire?
Once you check the book out you are sent to an Amazon Kindle page, where a button appears that lets you borrow the book. The books expire automatically after 2 or 3 weeks, and cannot be renewed.
Where have my Kindle books gone?
Every Kindle book you’ve ever purchased from Amazon is yours forever and resides in the cloud on the Amazon servers. Even if you can’t find the content on the Kindle you hold in your hand, you still have access to it – you just have to find it and download it again.
Can I put library books on my Kindle?
You can get library books on a Kindle device through Amazon’s partnership with OverDrive, as long as you have a library membership with a participating institution. You can download library books on your Kindle through your library’s website or using the OverDrive website.
What is my Kindle library?
The Amazon Kindle Cloud Reader is a web app that allows you to read Kindle Books in any compatible web browser. Your Kindle Library is displayed on the main page. Select a book to start reading.
How do I find books in my Kindle library?
Access Your Kindle Library
- Tap a title to download it to your phone. Note: Content already downloaded to your phone will have a checkmark on it.
- Access the right panel to view recommendations based on your recently purchased content.
- Access the left panel to view the category menu. View your Books or Collections.