- 1 How do I get library books on my Kindle Paperwhite?
- 2 Why won’t my library book download to my Kindle?
- 3 Can I get OverDrive on my Kindle Paperwhite?
- 4 Can I connect my Kindle Paperwhite to my library?
- 5 Why are my books not showing up on my Kindle?
- 6 How do I download books to my Kindle device?
- 7 How do I download free ebooks to my Kindle?
- 8 Can you download apps on Kindle Paperwhite?
- 9 How do I install Libby on my Kindle Paperwhite?
- 10 Can I download OverDrive on my Kindle?
- 11 How do I lend a Kindle book to a friend?
How do I get library books on my Kindle Paperwhite?
Borrowing Kindle Books from your library
- Open your library’s digital collection (you can find it using www.overdrive.com).
- Find a Kindle Book to borrow.
- Select Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).
- After you borrow the title, select Read now with Kindle.
Why won’t my library book download to my Kindle?
Usually it’s just glitch or a bad wireless connection, and the book will often download with a second attempt. If the book or app gets stuck downloading partway, select to delete it from your Kindle app or device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section.
Can I get OverDrive on my Kindle Paperwhite?
While you can get online to see the OverDrive website from your Kindle Paperwhite, you won’t be able to find books compatible for your Kindle or Kindle Paperwhite as you will if you browse OverDrive from the internet on a computer.
Can I connect my Kindle Paperwhite to my library?
Public library e-books for Kindle e-readers are presently available only in the United States. From your library’s website, you can have the e-book delivered wirelessly to your Kindle through Wi-Fi. Note that some publishers allow books to be transferred to your Kindle Paperwhite only by using the USB cable.
Why are my books not showing up on my Kindle?
Make sure that your app is registered to the correct Amazon account. If you have multiple accounts, your book may have been purchased from a different account. Deregister and reregister the app. Uninstall and reinstall your Kindle app.
How do I download books to my Kindle device?
Download Books to Your Kindle App
- Open the Kindle app.
- Go to your Library.
- If you’re on a computer, double-click on the book cover. If you’re on a mobile device, select the book cover.
- A progress bar updates as the book downloads.
How do I download free ebooks to my Kindle?
Download free Kindle books from these 9 sites
- Project Gutenberg. Project Gutenberg is the longest-established ebook site in the world and the top place to download free classics.
- Kindle Store.
- Internet Archive.
- Open Library.
Can you download apps on Kindle Paperwhite?
No, you cannot download apps on a Kindle Paperwhite. It also involves downloading apps onto our devices. If have bought an Android device, as an example, your first impulse will be to go to Google Play Store to get your favorite apps.
How do I install Libby on my Kindle Paperwhite?
To use Libby, you will first need to download the app from your app store. Click here to download it. Once it’s downloaded, tap on the app icon to open it. To sign in with your library card number, click Yes.
Can I download OverDrive on my Kindle?
You can install the OverDrive app for Kindle on compatible Kindle Fires and read the book in the app. You can use OverDrive Read to read the title online. You can use the Libby app on a compatible (non-Kindle) device to read. You can return the book so you can check it out again and download it in Kindle format.
How do I lend a Kindle book to a friend?
Lend Kindle Books
- Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices and locate the title you’d like to loan.
- Select the Actions button then select Loan this title on your eligible title.
- Enter the recipient’s personal email address and optional message then select Send.