- 1 Where can I donate books in Pinellas County?
- 2 Where can I dispose of books?
- 3 Can I donate books to my local library?
- 4 Is the St Pete library open?
- 5 What is the crime rate in Pinellas Park Florida?
- 6 How do you dispose of hardcover books?
- 7 What should I do with old college books?
- 8 What can you do with old technical books?
- 9 Where is the best place to donate used books?
- 10 Where is the best place to donate books?
- 11 What to do with old books you can’t sell?
- 12 How do I get a library card in St Petersburg FL?
Where can I donate books in Pinellas County?
The Barbara S. Ponce Public Library of Pinellas Park welcomes your donated books, audiobooks, movies, music and magazines. Based on age, condition and demand, your donation may be added to the Library’s collection, sold for extra library revenue, or potentially discarded.
Where can I dispose of books?
Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity. To find a local charity center in your area, visit www.charitycenters.com. Make some envelopes. When giving gift cards or cash as a gift, it’s fun to have unique envelopes to put them in when tucking them in a birthday card.
Can I donate books to my local library?
Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser. Local libraries give us so many books for free–let’s give some back to them!
Is the St Pete library open?
Description: As of Oct. 5, 2020, The St. Petersburg Libraries have reopened with limited hours. Curbside pick-up with online scheduling through splibraries.org at Main, Mirror Lake and West St.
What is the crime rate in Pinellas Park Florida?
With a crime rate of 42 per one thousand residents, Pinellas Park has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 24.
How do you dispose of hardcover books?
Place in your blue cart. Drop off at a community recycling depot for free. Donate or drop-off used books to a charity or used book store:
- Little Free Library.
- Calgary Reads.
- Used book stores.
What should I do with old college books?
12 Ways to Recycle Old Textbooks
- Sell your books: This is probably the first thing you’re going to think of.
- Donate your books: There will always be someone else who needs the book you once used.
- Ship your books:
- Recycle your books:
- Trade your books:
- Make a free book box:
- Decorate with books:
- Rent books:
What can you do with old technical books?
Take your old computer books to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army store. The website Used Computers recommends recycling your books by donating them to these organizations because they will give disabled individuals as well as low-income families the ability to buy the book at a low price.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
Best Places to Donate Used Books
- Reputable Charities.
- Local Faith-Based Organizations.
- Your Neighborhood Thrift Store.
- Local Museums & Other Cultural Organizations.
- Prison Libraries & Literacy Programs.
- Armed Forces Charities.
- Domestic & International Public Literacy Programs.
Where is the best place to donate books?
Where to Donate Books
- Libraries. Perhaps the most obvious place to donate books is your local library.
- Daycare Centers and Schools.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Retirement Homes and Assisted Living Facilities.
- Books for Soldiers and Operation Paperback.
What to do with old books you can’t sell?
If there’s no way you can sell or give away your books, contact your local council or recycling centre and ask if they can do anything to help recycle your books. Don’t throw them in your recycling bin; they need a specialist recycler to look at them to judge whether they’re recyclable.
How do I get a library card in St Petersburg FL?
You can apply for a library card by emailing [email protected] or by using the Contact Us form on our website. You must visit one of our library locations within 60 days to pick up your permanent card. If you apply in person at one of our libraries, you will receive your card immediately.