- 1 How do I connect my library to OverDrive?
- 2 How do you get books on OverDrive?
- 3 Can I add my own books to OverDrive?
- 4 Why is my library card not working on OverDrive?
- 5 How is Libby different than OverDrive?
- 6 Can I have more than one library on OverDrive?
- 7 How long can you borrow a book on OverDrive?
- 8 Is OverDrive free?
- 9 How do I use OverDrive?
- 10 How do I make my OverDrive ebooks forever?
- 11 How do I install OverDrive?
- 12 How do I get out of OverDrive?
- 13 Why can’t I open my book in Libby?
- 14 How do I access my OverDrive account?
- 15 What happened to Libby Library app?
How do I connect my library to OverDrive?
To sign into the OverDrive app with a library card, follow the steps below.
- When you open the OverDrive app for the first time, select Sign up (or Sign in).
- Select Sign up using library card (or Sign in using library card).
- Search for your library by name or location.
- Select your library once you find it.
How do you get books on OverDrive?
How to borrow and enjoy titles in the OverDrive app
- Install the OverDrive app from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore and sign in.
- Add your library to the app and open its digital collection.
- Find an available title in your library’s collection and tap Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).
Can I add my own books to OverDrive?
To load the saved book in the Overdrive app. Open a file explorer app (like AndroZip or ES File Explorer) where you will see your Downloads folder. Select the OverDrive app from the list. This will add the title to your Overdrive bookshelf.
Why is my library card not working on OverDrive?
Unlink and relink your library card. Open the Libby app (if it’s not already open) and tap Menu > Library Cards. Tap on your library card and then Unlink card. Launch Libby again and add your card under Menu > Library Cards > Sign In to see if the issue’s resolved. If not, continue on to the next steps.
How is Libby different than OverDrive?
What is the difference between Libby and the OverDrive app? Libby is a newer app released by OverDrive. It has the same collection of titles as the OverDrive app – it’s just a different way to access the same digital library collection. Libby is a fast and attractive digital browsing experience.
Can I have more than one library on OverDrive?
Access to multiple OverDrive library accounts is limited to ebook loans. For browsing the OverDrive catalogue, only one library can be accessed. This work-around requires borrowing ebooks via the Libby app on a mobile device or from each library’s OverDrive catalogue website.
How long can you borrow a book on OverDrive?
You can borrow eBooks and Audiobooks from Overdrive or Libby for 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days. It’s your choice! You can also set a default lending period for all items in a given format.
Is OverDrive free?
OverDrive is a free service offered by your library or school that lets you borrow digital content (like ebooks and audiobooks) anytime, anywhere. Every OverDrive collection is slightly different because each library or school picks the digital content they want for their users.
How do I use OverDrive?
How do I start using OverDrive Listen? To get started, open your web browser and borrow an audiobook that’s available in the OverDrive Listen format from your library. Then, click or tap the Listen now in browser button to begin listening to it immediately using OverDrive Listen.
How do I make my OverDrive ebooks forever?
If you’re at the end of your lending period and you’re not finished with your audiobook, the first thing you can try is the “Renew” option. This is simple; just like at a regular library, you can choose to renew your book and extend the lending period, as long as no one else has a hold on the title.
How do I install OverDrive?
The OverDrive app is available for Android, Chromebooks, iOS, Fire tablets, and Windows 8/10.
- Install the OverDrive app from your device’s app store or from overdrive.com/apps/overdrive.
- Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to sign in (or sign up) using your library card or a free OverDrive account.
How do I get out of OverDrive?
On Windows 8/10 devices Open the Settings menu in the top-right corner. Select OverDrive account, then Manage account. Sign in (if prompted), then select Devices. Select Delete, then Confirm.
Why can’t I open my book in Libby?
If your loan won’t open in Libby: Close the Libby app completely, then reopen it. Then, try opening the loan again. (If applicable) Delete the downloaded file for the loan, then download it again.
How do I access my OverDrive account?
The OverDrive account option To sign into the app with an OverDrive account, select Sign up or Sign in when the app first opens. Then, enter your name (if prompted), email address, and password to sign in with (or create) your OverDrive account.
What happened to Libby Library app?
OverDrive, the company who makes Libby, acquired the digital library portion of Recorded Books/RBmedia’s business known as RBdigital. Throughout 2021, content is gradually being transferred out of the RBdigital platform, and the RBdigital website and app will eventually be retired.