- 1 Are the Salt Lake County libraries open?
- 2 How old do you have to be to get a library card in Utah?
- 3 Can you donate books to Salt Lake County library?
- 4 Who designed the Salt Lake City library?
- 5 What do you need to get a library card in Utah?
- 6 Are library cards free?
- 7 How many books can you check out at once?
- 8 Who takes free books?
- 9 Does Salt Lake City Library have free WIFI?
- 10 What county is Salt Lake in?
Are the Salt Lake County libraries open?
Salt Lake County Library locations are open to the public 11 am-7 pm weekdays and 11 am-5 pm Friday and Saturday. Masks and social distancing are required in all library locations.
How old do you have to be to get a library card in Utah?
Please note: Patrons under the age of 18 must obtain a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent. If you are not a Salt Lake County resident, you may still register for a City Library card for an annual fee of $80.00.
Can you donate books to Salt Lake County library?
The Friends of The City Library accepts donations of gently-used books, CDs, DVDs, vinyl records, and comic books. These items are then sold, and the proceeds fund a variety of Library projects including programs and exhibits, materials, outreach events, computer equipment, furnishings, and more.
Who designed the Salt Lake City library?
Sixty-eight percent of Salt Lake City voters agreed when they cast their ballots in favor of the bond. In early 1999, the Board of Directors selected the architectural firm of Moshe Safdie and Associates in conjunction with local architects VCBO Architecture to design the new main library.
What do you need to get a library card in Utah?
Get a Library Card
- 1 The MultiCounty Bookmobile is open to anyone residing in Garfield & Kane Counties. Antimony is served by the Tri-County Bookmobile.
- 2Provide proof of residency (both are required). Every member of the family may have their own card.
- 3 Each member of the family must apply in person.
Are library cards free?
Yes, we all know that library cards are free to sign up for. And that’s just talking about books – most public libraries also offer access to DVDs, BluRays, CDs, magazines, audiobooks, video games, and digital downloads, and that’s not even factoring in a library’s public programming or databases and online resources.
How many books can you check out at once?
There is not a limit on how many materials /books you can check out at a time, except maybe how many you can carry.
Who takes free books?
Where to Donate Books
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is one of the world’s largest providers of social aid.
- Local Libraries.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Other Local Charities.
- Local Theaters.
- Retirement Homes.
Does Salt Lake City Library have free WIFI?
Now you can stay connected on the go with a City Library Wi-Fi Hotspot.
What county is Salt Lake in?
Natural light is introduced into all of the spaces where people sit and work. This infusion of natural light from all sides is carefully controlled to protect library materials and provide thermal comfort.