- 1 Are the Salt Lake County libraries open?
- 2 How old do you have to be to get a library card in Utah?
- 3 Can I check out books from other libraries?
- 4 Can you check out a book if you forgot your library card?
- 5 Can you donate books to Salt Lake County library?
- 6 Who designed the Salt Lake City library?
- 7 Are library cards free?
- 8 How many books can you check out at once?
- 9 What do you need to get a library card in Utah?
- 10 Can you borrow books from other libraries on Libby?
- 11 How do you check out eBooks from the library?
- 12 Do all libraries use Libby?
- 13 How long can you borrow a DVD from the library?
- 14 Why do Library cards expire?
- 15 What does place hold mean in library?
Are the Salt Lake County libraries open?
Salt Lake County Library locations are open to the public 11 am-7 pm weekdays and 11 am-5 pm Friday and Saturday. Masks and social distancing are required in all library locations.
How old do you have to be to get a library card in Utah?
Please note: Patrons under the age of 18 must obtain a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent. If you are not a Salt Lake County resident, you may still register for a City Library card for an annual fee of $80.00.
Can I check out books from other libraries?
You can borrow titles from any library as long as you have a library card for it. In certain cases, your library may have a partnership with another library or consortium that lets you borrow titles from the partner’s collection using your normal library card.
Can you check out a book if you forgot your library card?
It may be possible to check out an item without a library card if you come to a branch of the library in person with a valid photo ID that shows current address. If you are unable to find your library card, please ask for a free replacement card.
Can you donate books to Salt Lake County library?
The Friends of The City Library accepts donations of gently-used books, CDs, DVDs, vinyl records, and comic books. These items are then sold, and the proceeds fund a variety of Library projects including programs and exhibits, materials, outreach events, computer equipment, furnishings, and more.
Who designed the Salt Lake City library?
Sixty-eight percent of Salt Lake City voters agreed when they cast their ballots in favor of the bond. In early 1999, the Board of Directors selected the architectural firm of Moshe Safdie and Associates in conjunction with local architects VCBO Architecture to design the new main library.
Are library cards free?
Yes, we all know that library cards are free to sign up for. And that’s just talking about books – most public libraries also offer access to DVDs, BluRays, CDs, magazines, audiobooks, video games, and digital downloads, and that’s not even factoring in a library’s public programming or databases and online resources.
How many books can you check out at once?
There is not a limit on how many materials /books you can check out at a time, except maybe how many you can carry.
What do you need to get a library card in Utah?
Get a Library Card
- 1 The MultiCounty Bookmobile is open to anyone residing in Garfield & Kane Counties. Antimony is served by the Tri-County Bookmobile.
- 2Provide proof of residency (both are required). Every member of the family may have their own card.
- 3 Each member of the family must apply in person.
Can you borrow books from other libraries on Libby?
Borrowing and placing holds at multiple libraries A major change in Libby is that you can now borrow and place holds on the same title at different libraries.
How do you check out eBooks from the library?
Check Out a Public Library Book
- Get a library card and a PIN from your local library.
- Go to the website of your local public library and search for “Kindle books” or “eBooks.”
- At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account and select the device to which you want to send the book.
Do all libraries use Libby?
Libby works with public libraries that use OverDrive. If you can’t find your library in Libby, it might be because it doesn’t use OverDrive to lend digital titles. If that’s the case, we encourage you to reach out to your library and let them know you’re interested in using Libby and OverDrive.
How long can you borrow a DVD from the library?
Answered By: Reference Staff. Nov 10, 2020 3393 You can borrow most library materials, including books, video games and DVDs for 21 days. Most items can be renewed up to 3 times for an additional 21 days each time, as long as no one else has placed a hold on the item.
Why do Library cards expire?
According to the “Circulation and Library Card” policy, “Library cards expire regularly to confirm address and other contact information.” We expire cards so that we may periodically check with patrons to assure we have updated information.
What does place hold mean in library?
When you discover a book you are eager to read, it can be a huge buzzkill when you can’t find it on the library shelf! Did you know you can request that a hold be put on the book for you? This means that if the book is on the shelf at another branch library, it will be sent to the branch of your choice to be picked up.