- 1 Can I access my local library on my Kindle?
- 2 Why can’t I see my library on Kindle?
- 3 How do I connect my Kindle to my library?
- 4 How do I link my library to my Kindle?
- 5 Why can’t I purchase books on my Kindle?
- 6 Can I read a book I bought on Amazon on Kindle?
- 7 Why are my Kindle books not syncing?
- 8 How do I put library books on my Kindle?
- 9 Can you download library books onto a Kindle?
- 10 How do I manage my Kindle library?
- 11 How do I get eBooks from the library?
- 12 How do I download free books onto my Kindle?
- 13 Can I borrow library books on my Kindle Paperwhite?
Can I access my local library on my Kindle?
You can borrow Kindle books from your local library’s website and, with the click of a button, have them delivered to your Kindle device or free reading app. Click on “Get for Kindle” and then sign in to your Amazon.com account to have the book delivered to your Kindle device or reading app.
Why can’t I see my library on Kindle?
Make sure that your Kindle is connected to the internet. Sync your Kindle from Settings. Turn off any filters on your home screen or change to another view.
How do I connect my Kindle to my library?
Go to the website of your local public library and search for “Kindle books” or “eBooks.” At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account and select the device to which you want to send the book. Connect your device to Wi-Fi and download to the title from the Archived Items or Cloud.
Borrowing Kindle Books from your library
- Open your library’s digital collection (you can find it using www.overdrive.com).
- Find a Kindle Book to borrow.
- Select Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).
- After you borrow the title, select Read now with Kindle.
Why can’t I purchase books on my Kindle?
Can you buy books on the Kindle app? Sorry, but no. You also can’t buy a Kindle book in the Amazon app. That’s because Apple collects a percentage of the money spent on digital purchases within apps on its devices, and Amazon is not okay with that.
Can I read a book I bought on Amazon on Kindle?
You can read the beginning of your purchased book(s) instantly online. When you click to start reading, Kindle Cloud Reader will launch in your web browser, and your free Kindle book sample will be available in your Kindle library. You can also access your Kindle book samples with Kindle for Android or Kindle for iOS.
Why are my Kindle books not syncing?
If you are trying to sync Kindle or Audiobook content, verify that Whispersync is enabled. From Manage Your Content and Devices, go to Settings, and then ensure that Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings) is turned ON. Sync your device.
How do I put library books on my Kindle?
Pro tip: If you load up your library books and then turn off Wi-Fi, the books will stay on your device even after the loan has ended, until you turn the Wi-Fi back on. Another option for borrowing e-books is via Prime Reading.
Can you download library books onto a Kindle?
You can get library books on a Kindle device through Amazon’s partnership with OverDrive, as long as you have a library membership with a participating institution. You can download library books on your Kindle through your library’s website or using the OverDrive website.
How do I manage my Kindle library?
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
How do I get eBooks from the library?
Step 1 of 3: Borrow an eBook from your public library
- Go to your public library’s website.
- Look for the “eBooks” section of the page.
- If required, select OverDrive as the service that you’d like to use to browse books.
- Find a book that you’re interested in and click Borrow.
How do I download free books onto my Kindle?
Download free Kindle books from these 9 sites
- Project Gutenberg. Project Gutenberg is the longest-established ebook site in the world and the top place to download free classics.
- Kindle Store.
- Internet Archive.
- Open Library.
Can I borrow library books on my Kindle Paperwhite?
If your local library uses libby, yes. You download the app separately (on your phone) and check out books to kindle which you can then open on your paperwhite.