- 1 Can you borrow digital books from the library?
- 2 How do I connect my Kindle to my library card?
- 3 How do I access my Kindle library?
- 4 Can I loan my Kindle books?
- 5 How do I make my library eBooks forever?
- 6 Is there a free eBook library?
- 7 How do I manage my Kindle library?
- 8 Where have my Kindle books gone?
- 9 Where are my Kindle books stored?
- 10 How do I access my Kindle Library on my PC?
- 11 How do I access my Kindle Library on my iPhone?
- 12 How do I know if I can loan a Kindle book?
- 13 Why can’t I lend my Kindle book?
- 14 Can I transfer my Kindle books to another account?
Can you borrow digital books from the library?
If your library is signed up with Libby, OverDrive, or Hoopla, you can browse, borrow, and read books directly through the app. This option includes audiobooks, magazines, and other digital content. Some apps even let you send ebooks to the Amazon Kindle app, where it’s easier to read.
How do I connect my Kindle to my library card?
Confirm whether your library branch participates and offers Kindle books.
- Get a library card and a PIN from your local library.
- Go to the website of your local public library and search for “Kindle books” or “eBooks.”
- At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account and select the device to which you want to send the book.
How do I access my Kindle library?
Go to read.amazon.com to open Kindle Cloud Reader. You may need to sign in with your Amazon account. Your Kindle Library is displayed on the main page. Select a book to start reading.
Can I loan my Kindle books?
Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices and locate the title you’d like to loan. Select the Actions button then select Loan this title on your eligible title. Enter the recipient’s personal email address and optional message then select Send. Select Send now and a book loan notification is sent to the recipient.
How do I make my library eBooks forever?
The trick is super simple. Before OverDrive reaches back through the ether to reclaim their content, throw your device into airplane mode. This works for any ereader, tablet, or smartphone.
Is there a free eBook library?
Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for you to enjoy.
How do I manage my Kindle library?
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
Where have my Kindle books gone?
Every Kindle book you’ve ever purchased from Amazon is yours forever and resides in the cloud on the Amazon servers. Even if you can’t find the content on the Kindle you hold in your hand, you still have access to it – you just have to find it and download it again.
Where are my Kindle books stored?
After you download a Kindle Book from Amazon’s website to your computer, you can find the ebook’s Amazon file in your computer’s “Downloads” folder. You can transfer this file from your computer to a compatible Kindle ereader via USB.
How do I access my Kindle Library on my PC?
How to read Kindle books on a PC using the Kindle PC app
- Sign into your Amazon account and visit the Kindle app page.
- Click on “Download for PC & Mac” and your download will automatically begin.
- Install the software as you would any program file, then open the Kindle for PC app when successfully installed.
How do I access my Kindle Library on my iPhone?
Launch the Kindle app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap Library to see all of the e-books in your Amazon library. Tap the book you wish to download onto your device. When it’s finished downloading (it will have a checkmark next to it), tap the book to open it.
How do I know if I can loan a Kindle book?
You can find out if a book is lendable by checking the product details prior to purchasing, or from your content and devices page, which I’ll show below. One Time Only: Kindle only allows you to loan a title once—not just once per person, but once total.
Why can’t I lend my Kindle book?
A Kindle book can only be loaned one time. Once you lend a title once, there’s no sharing it again — it’s locked to your library. Some publishers impose restrictions on lending; if you don’t see an option to loan a Kindle book, it can’t be shared.
Can I transfer my Kindle books to another account?
The books that you purchase for your Kindle are locked to your Amazon account – your email address. You can transfer a Kindle to someone else any time, but you cannot transfer your books.