- 1 How do I view my collections on my Kindle?
- 2 How do I manage my Kindle library?
- 3 How do I check out library books on my Kindle?
- 4 How do you use a Kindle library card?
- 5 Where is the menu icon on my Kindle?
- 6 How do I set up a collection on my Kindle?
- 7 How do I remove books from my Kindle but keep in library?
- 8 How do I remove items from my Kindle library?
- 9 Can you organize Kindle library?
- 10 How do I put library books on my Kindle?
- 11 Can I borrow library books on my Kindle Paperwhite?
- 12 Where have my Kindle books gone?
- 13 How do I download eBooks to my Kindle?
- 14 Do purchased Kindle books expire?
How do I view my collections on my Kindle?
From the home screen of your Kindle, select All to display your content. If your device is set to home screen view, select Your Library, then All. Select FILTER and then Collections.
How do I manage my Kindle library?
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
How do I check out library books on my Kindle?
Borrowing Kindle Books from your library
- Open your library’s digital collection (you can find it using www.overdrive.com).
- Find a Kindle Book to borrow.
- Select Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).
- After you borrow the title, select Read now with Kindle.
How do you use a Kindle library card?
Get a library card and a PIN from your local library. Go to the website of your local public library and search for “Kindle books” or “eBooks.” At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account and select the device to which you want to send the book.
When you turn on the Kindle you will see a menu across the top (see right). If you do not see the menu, and instead see a page of text, it means you are not on the home screen. Tap the very top edge of the screen to make the menu appear.
How do I set up a collection on my Kindle?
To create a collection, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Create New Collection. A pop-up window appears.
- Using the onscreen keyboard, enter a name for the new collection.
- Tap the check box for each title you want to add to the collection.
- When you’re finished, tap Done.
How do I remove books from my Kindle but keep in library?
Press and hold the title to remove.
- Select this item from the list by tapping on it. Tapping “Remove from device” will delete the book from your Kindle device.
- Keep in mind that after you remove an item from your Kindle device, the item will still remain in your Cloud.
How do I remove items from my Kindle library?
You can remove them from your Kindle device or reading app using these steps:
- On Amazon’s website, go to your “Manage Your Content and Devices” page.
- In the “Your Content” list, select the boxes next to the book(s) you’d like to remove.
- Select Delete.
- Select Yes, delete permanently to confirm.
Can you organize Kindle library?
On the upper left of the homescreen, tap Downloaded to see just those books stored on your Kindle. Then go to the upper right, tap Sort, and choose either Grid or List to customize how the books are displayed. Then move on to the next book, and so on, until you’ve thinned your library to your liking.
How do I put library books on my Kindle?
Pro tip: If you load up your library books and then turn off Wi-Fi, the books will stay on your device even after the loan has ended, until you turn the Wi-Fi back on. Another option for borrowing e-books is via Prime Reading.
Can I borrow library books on my Kindle Paperwhite?
If your local library uses libby, yes. You download the app separately (on your phone) and check out books to kindle which you can then open on your paperwhite.
Where have my Kindle books gone?
Every Kindle book you’ve ever purchased from Amazon is yours forever and resides in the cloud on the Amazon servers. Even if you can’t find the content on the Kindle you hold in your hand, you still have access to it – you just have to find it and download it again.
How do I download eBooks to my Kindle?
Mobi Format Attach the file to an email, send it to your Kindle’s email address (with any subject, and nothing in the body of the email), and it should appear on your Kindle shortly. You can also drag and drop the file onto your Kindle if you attach the device to your PC with a USB cable.
Do purchased Kindle books expire?
Once you check the book out you are sent to an Amazon Kindle page, where a button appears that lets you borrow the book. The books expire automatically after 2 or 3 weeks, and cannot be renewed.