- 1 Where can I donate books in Norwalk CT?
- 2 Can I donate books to my local library?
- 3 Is Pequot Library accepting book donations?
- 4 What can you do with unwanted books?
- 5 Where is the best place to donate used books?
- 6 Where is the best place to donate books?
- 7 How do I get rid of unwanted books?
- 8 How do I get rid of old text books?
- 9 Who will take second hand books?
Where can I donate books in Norwalk CT?
The choices are: Friends of the Norwalk Library (About the Friends of NPL) Literacy Volunteers (About Literacy Volunteers) Norwalk Library (About Norwalk Public Library)
Can I donate books to my local library?
Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser. Local libraries give us so many books for free–let’s give some back to them!
Is Pequot Library accepting book donations?
June 15, 2020. On June 15, Pequot Library is excited to once again accept book donations from the public. You can support Pequot Library by donating your good-quality books, LP records, CDs and DVDs, comic books, and other book materials. You can request a donation receipt online.
What can you do with unwanted books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
Best Places to Donate Used Books
- Reputable Charities.
- Local Faith-Based Organizations.
- Your Neighborhood Thrift Store.
- Local Museums & Other Cultural Organizations.
- Prison Libraries & Literacy Programs.
- Armed Forces Charities.
- Domestic & International Public Literacy Programs.
Where is the best place to donate books?
Where to Donate Books
- Libraries. Perhaps the most obvious place to donate books is your local library.
- Daycare Centers and Schools.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Retirement Homes and Assisted Living Facilities.
- Books for Soldiers and Operation Paperback.
How do I get rid of unwanted books?
If there’s no way you can sell or give away your books, contact your local council or recycling centre and ask if they can do anything to help recycle your books. Don’t throw them in your recycling bin; they need a specialist recycler to look at them to judge whether they’re recyclable.
How do I get rid of old text books?
12 Ways to Recycle Old Textbooks
- Sell your books: This is probably the first thing you’re going to think of.
- Donate your books: There will always be someone else who needs the book you once used.
- Ship your books:
- Recycle your books:
- Trade your books:
- Make a free book box:
- Decorate with books:
- Rent books:
Who will take second hand books?
London Charity Shops That Take Book Donations
- London Children’s Book Project. The books donated to this foundation are cleaned and sorted by age and topic before being distributed to their partner organisations.
- Books for London. This one is pretty cool.
- Octavia Foundation.
- British Heart Foundation.
- Fara Charity Shops.