- 1 How do I download digital books from the library?
- 2 Can you borrow digital books from the library?
- 3 Is there an app for Baltimore County Public Library?
- 4 How do I pick up a book from BCPL?
- 5 How can I get free digital books?
- 6 Is there an online library for eBooks?
- 7 How do I make my library eBooks forever?
- 8 Is there a free eBook library?
- 9 How long can you borrow an eBook from the library?
- 10 Are the Baltimore County libraries open?
- 11 Are Maryland public libraries open?
- 12 How do I order books from the Baltimore County Library?
- 13 How do I put my library book on hold online?
- 14 Do Baltimore County Library cards expire?
- 15 Can you visit the George Peabody Library?
How do I download digital books from the library?
Step 1 of 3: Borrow an eBook from your public library
- Go to your public library’s website.
- Look for the “eBooks” section of the page.
- If required, select OverDrive as the service that you’d like to use to browse books.
- Find a book that you’re interested in and click Borrow.
Can you borrow digital books from the library?
If your library is signed up with Libby, OverDrive, or Hoopla, you can browse, borrow, and read books directly through the app. This option includes audiobooks, magazines, and other digital content. Some apps even let you send ebooks to the Amazon Kindle app, where it’s easier to read.
Is there an app for Baltimore County Public Library?
e-Books and Audiobooks If you don’t already have a library card, get one now. Get the appropriate e-reader app for your device in order to download and read your titles. Once you check out a title, it will be immediately available in your app.
How do I pick up a book from BCPL?
Last Updated: Oct 26, 2020 2522
- Enter a title, author, or subject in the search box.
- Find the book you want and pay close attention to the icon below the book cover.
- Enter your BCPL library card number (barcode) without any spaces and your library PIN/password.
- Select the branch where you want to pick up the item.
How can I get free digital books?
Here’s a list of 12 places where you can find a wealth of free e-books (yes, free e-books!).
- Google eBookstore.
- Project Gutenberg.
- Open Library.
- Internet Archive.
- Free eBooks.
Is there an online library for eBooks?
Go to the website for a library near you to find out if they offer eBook lending and how to borrow eBooks from them. Library To Go uses the Adobe Digital Editions software for eBooks and OverDrive Media Console for audiobooks. You can borrow eBooks in Kindle format (for U.S. libraries), EPUB, and PDF.
How do I make my library eBooks forever?
The trick is super simple. Before OverDrive reaches back through the ether to reclaim their content, throw your device into airplane mode. This works for any ereader, tablet, or smartphone.
Is there a free eBook library?
Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for you to enjoy.
How long can you borrow an eBook from the library?
How long is the lending period for an eBook or eAudiobook? The lending period is 21 days for an eBook or eAudiobook. You can adjust the checkout time to 7 or 14 days if you don’t need the full 21 days. How many titles can I check out at once?
Are the Baltimore County libraries open?
We’re Open! Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Are Maryland public libraries open?
Eighteen Baltimore County Public Library locations are open to the public and the library’s popular curbside service remain in place indefinitely.
How do I order books from the Baltimore County Library?
Log in to My Account. Search for the title in the catalog. Select the Place Request button. You will receive a confirmation.
How do I put my library book on hold online?
Placing a Hold in the Online Catalog:
- Go to Your Account and login with your library card number and your PIN.
- Use the search field near the top of the page to find what you are looking for.
- Click the Place Hold button to the right of the item.
- A box will pop up on the screen.
- Click the Place Hold button.
Do Baltimore County Library cards expire?
Renewing Your Library Card Inactive library cards expire after a few years. If your card expires, visit the Service Desk at any branch with a current photo ID to apply for a new one.
Can you visit the George Peabody Library?
The George Peabody Library is a public library, so private events are scheduled outside of regular business hours unless special permission is granted. The library is available for rental Saturdays after 4:00pm, Fridays after 6:00pm, Tuesday–Thursday after 8:00pm, and anytime on Sundays & Mondays.